Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 Forumhandhabung, Forumregeln, News, Anmeldeprobleme usw.
jokergreen0220 Offline

19.01.2019 08:04
said Carolina head coach Antworten

LAKE LOUISE, Alta. Nike Free Shoes Wholesale NZ . - Canadian skier Marie-Michele Gagnon has tasted World Cup success, but she hungers for more than just a taste.The 25-year-old from Lac-Etchemin, Que., wants to move up from seventh in the world, where she currently ranks in slalom, and into the top three.Gagnon opened this season sixth in Levi, Finland, and eighth in Aspen, Colo. A solid start, but its so last season to Gagnon. Im starting to get frustrated, she said. I want more and it only started this year in Levi when I was sixth and I said Ah, again?Honestly, all of last year I was really happy with any of those results because they brought consistency to my skiing and brought me into the top seven. Now that Im in the top seven Im in the game and I know I can do better.Gagnon won her first World Cup medal two years ago in Are, Sweden, where she claimed bronze in slalom. She returns this week to the Swedish resort for a giant slalom Friday and slalom Saturday.The last few years Ive been really fast in the first run and unfortunately either straddling (a gate) or going out on the second run, she said. But I love this hill. Its my favourite hill for slalom. It could go well if I put everything together.The combined times of two runs determines the winner in both slalom and giant slalom. Gagnon says she often nails the first run and the second is where she loses a medal.Because of her ranking shes among the first seven out of the start hut for run No. 1 on a smooth course. The order is reversed for the second run, so Gagnon skis a track more chewed up by the skiers before her.Ive been super-fast in the first runs, fourth and fifth depending, always in the chase, she explained. Its all mental obviously. Its about doing the same thing in the second run as you do in the first.Youve just got to know its going to feel more rough, but take the same approach as in the first run, so Im going to try that.Gagnon claimed her first World Cup victory, and the second podium of her career, on Jan. 12 of this year in a World Cup super-combined in Austria. The event is the total time of one slalom run and one shorter downhill race or super-G.Its a measure of a skiers all-around racing ability, but also rarer on the World Cup schedule..Gagnon wont race a super-combined until Feb. 9 during the world alpine ski championships in Vail, Colo. A self-described slalom ninja, Gagnon keeps a toe in speed events in order to contend in super-combined.Its why she flew in to participate in Sundays super-G in Lake Louise, Alta. She missed a gate and didnt finish, but Gagnon wasnt discouraged.I was in the game, she said. Id rather have charged rather than held back and not do anything.Gagnon has dislocated her left shoulder three times in the last eight months and races with a brace on her shoulder.She suffered the first dislocation in a crash during the slalom portion of the Olympic super-combined in February. After the injury, Gagnon raced to ninth in Olympic slalom, but did not finish GS.Her shoulder slipped out of joint while weight training in Calgary in the off-season. She crashed in the first run of a giant slalom in Soelden, Austria on Oct. 25 and injured it again. She intends to race through it this season.Once you dislocate it once, its more prone to dislocate again, Gagnon said. Im probably going to have to get surgery in the spring.Gagnon says she was fried after a stressful Olympic Games. She and boyfriend Travis Ganong, a skier on the U.S. mens team, bought a home in the Lake Tahoe, Calif., area in the off-season.Despite her shoulder injury, Gagnon says she feels strong enough shave off those hundredths of a second that are the difference in ski racing.Im really close, she said. Thats why I always say in interviews Im getting sick of fourth and fifth and sixth, but at the same time Ive got to be patient. Its almost there, so Im going to keep working with that.Its just consistency, solid skiing and having that little bit of risk. Nike Free Shoes Clearance NZ . Meanwhile, the Jets extended their winning streak to four and remain perfect under Paul Maurice. Its the Jets second four-game winning streak of the season, the other coming in mid-November. Nike Free Shoes NZ . Spencer Abbott and Trevor Smith scored third-period goals erasing a 2-1 deficit giving Toronto a late 3-2 lead. http://www.nikefreenz.com/ . -- Two out of three aint bad.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Toronto Maple Leafs were red-hot the last time they faced the Carolina Hurricanes, but a lot has changed in the month that has passed since. The struggling Leafs try to bounce back from a horrid road trip on Monday evening when they host the Hurricanes. Toronto had won six in a row before suffering a 4-1 loss at Carolina on Dec. 18. That setback came at the beginning of a current 3-12-0 rut for the Leafs, who have fired head coach Randy Carlyle over this span while falling seven points back of a wild card spot. The Maple Leafs, who have been guided by interim coach Peter Horachek in the six games since Carlyle was fired, were shut out three times and held to one goal on a recent 0-4-0 road trip, capping the swing with Saturdays 3-0 loss to the St. Louis Blues. Jonathan Bernier allowed three goals on 33 shots in the road trips finale, one that left the morale of the team awful according to captain Dion Phaneuf. It feels absolutely terrible, the defenseman said. I dont know what more I can say than when you go through stretches like this, its awful. The Hurricanes have 12 feewer points than the Leafs, but have gone 5-2-1 in January and picked up a 3-2 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Nike Free NZ Sale. Nathan Gerbe had the winning goal with 5:41 to play, snapping a 22-game goal drought with his first tally since Nov. 28. Justin Faulk had a goal and an assist and Brad Malone also scored for the Hurricanes, while Anton Khudobin stopped 30 shots in the win. It was a good effort, said Carolina head coach Bill Peters. Everyone played good, valuable minutes and we found a way. Carolina kept Ottawa off the scoreboard on all three of its power-play chances and the Hurricanes have now killed off 33 straight power plays over a 13-game span. The Hurricanes got short-handed goals from Faulk and Chris Terry in the win over the Maple Leafs a month ago, with Cam Ward making 25 saves. He is 15-9-2 versus the Maple Leafs with a 2.73 goals against average and .910 save percentage. Phaneuf scored and Bernier made 33 saves as he fell to 2-3-0 versus the Canes with a 2.64 GAA and .923 save percentage. Carolina has won seven of nine and 13 of its past 18 versus Toronto. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz