Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 Forumhandhabung, Forumregeln, News, Anmeldeprobleme usw.
douhua2233 Offline

18.02.2019 03:41
NEW YORK (AP) — Brett Connolly was calling Antworten

NEW YORK (AP) — Brett Connolly was calling for the puck as he skated up the left side. He quickly put the Washington Capitals ahead when he got a cross-ice pass from John Carlson and helped the Capitals keep their winning streak going.Connolly scored the tiebreaking goal on a one-timer from the left circle with 6:24 left in the third period Victor Mete Jersey , and the Capitals beat the New York Rangers 5-3 Saturday for their season-high fifth straight win.“A little bit of open ice,” Connolly said of his fourth goal of the season. “(Carlson) saw me over there, I was calling for it. … I got a good piece of it and it went right where I wanted it.”Alex Ovechkin, Nic Dowd, Jakub Vrana and Tom Wilson also scored for defending Stanley Cup champion Washington, and Carlson had three assists. Pheonix Copley, starting in place of Braden Holtby, stopped 27 shots.“Good team win, we’re playing really well as of late,” Connolly said. “We’re starting to get that feeling again through our room … like we had toward the end of last year.”The Capitals, who have rallied after giving up the first goal in four of their wins during their streak, trailed 1-0 after one period and by two midway through the second before scoring three straight to take the lead heading to the third.“We’re always believing we’re in games,” Connolly said. “We’re finding ways to win.”Ryan Strome had tied the score 3-3 on a wraparound at 5:30 of the final period — his first goal with the Rangers since being acquired from Edmonton on Nov. 16.Connolly, who also had an assist, then gave Washington the lead back, and Wilson added an empty-netter with 1:08 left for his fourth. He has nine points in seven games since returning from a season-opening suspension that sidelined him for 16 games.Jimmy Vesey, Brady Skjei and Ryan Strome scored for the Rangers, who lost their second straight Colton Sissons Jersey , ending a seven-game winning streak on home ice. Kevin Hayes had two assists and Alexandar Georgiev finished with 23 saves.Trailing 1-0, the Capitals came out with increased intensity in the second period and scored three goals while outshooting the Rangers 15-9.“You can’t take a period off against anyone, let alone the defending Stanley Cup champions,” Rangers coach David Quinn said. “If you’re going to have a chance to beat them, you’re going to have to stay on them for 60 minutes. You can have lapses where you don’t play well, but they can’t be 20-minute lapses.”Just 31 seconds after Skjei doubled the Rangers’ lead, Dowd tipped Carlson’s shot for his second to pull the Capitals back within one midway through the second.Vrana then tied it with his sixth as he beat Georgiev with a backhander with 3:33 left.Ovechkin put the Capitals ahead, tipping Carlson’s pass from the right side with 30 seconds left. It was Ovechkin’s 17th goal, tying him for the league lead with Boston’s David Pastrnak and Buffalo’s Jeff Skinner.“(Dowd’s) goal is huge,” Wilson said. “We know when we’re not playing the way we want to. We know when it has to turn around. … They’ve been playing some good hockey at home, so it was big for us to be able to do that.”Near the midpoint of the second, Skjei scored on a rebound of Brendan Smith’s shot that came off the end boards and right to him on the outside edge of the left circle at 9:39 to make it 2-0 on the Rangers’ first shot on goal of the period.Vesey gave New York a 1-0 lead less than 15 seconds after coming out of the penalty box near the midpoint of the first. Hayes brought the puck up the left side on a 2-on-1 rush, cut toward the net and dropped the puck back to Jesper Fast, who tapped it to the right, and a trailing Vesey put it under a sprawled Copley’s left pad for his eighth at 9:12.NOTES: Ovechkin’s goal was his 624th, pulling one behind Jarome Iginla and Joe Sakic for 15th place on the NHL’s career list. Ovechkin now has 33 goals and 51 points in 54 career games against the Rangers. … The Capitals have outscored opponents 35-23 in the second period. … Capitals also won the first meeting 4-3 in OT at home on Oct. 17. The teams play two more times, Feb. 24 at Washington, and March 3 back at Madison Square Garden. … LW Timothy Gettinger made his NHL debut one day after being called up from Hartford of the AHL. He was sent back down after the game. … Strome now has four goals and 14 points in 19 games against the Capitals.UP NEXTCapitals: At the New York Islanders on Monday night.Rangers: Host Ottawa on Monday night to cap a stretch of five of six at home. TAMPA Adam Henrique Jersey , Fla. (AP) The Tampa Bay Lightning have been just as resilient in the Stanley Cup playoffs as they’ve been all season.Challenged by coach Jon Cooper to compete harder and raise their level of play after dropping the opener of their second-round series against the Boston Bruins, the top seed in the Eastern Conference responded with a 4-2 victory in Game 2 of the best-of-seven matchup Monday night.Brayden Point had an empty-net goal and three assists. He also teamed with Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat to slow down Boston’s high-scoring line of Patrice Bergeron, David Pastrnak and Brad Marchand.Game 3 is Wednesday night in Boston.”It feels good. I thought we played well,” Point said after posting just the third four-point game in Tampa Bay’s history. ”We had a tough night in Game 1. I thought we came back tonight knowing we’d end up better.”Point assisted on Tampa Bay’s first three goals before sealing the win with his empty-netter with 25.2 seconds left.Yanni Gourde had a first-period goal and Johnson and Palat also scored for the Lightning, which rebounded from a 6-2 loss in Game 1.”We needed to have a bounce back, we needed to have an answer, and I thought we did that,” Johnson said. ”I thought we competed really hard, I thought we played well and we got rewarded with some chances and some opportunities.”Bergeron, Pastrnak and Marchand combined for three goals and 11 points in the opener, with most of the damage coming while Point’s line was trying to contain them. They had four more points in Game 2, but were unable to take over the game.Cooper said he never considered changing the matchup against Boston’s top line.”I honestly didn’t. … We know they can do it. We have faith in them, and I thought they were outstanding tonight,” Cooper said before turning his attention back to Point.”The kid’s a hockey player and he competes hard,” Cooper said. ”Trust me, if there was any talk of pulling him off that line, I think those three guys would have marched right into my room and said, `What are you doing?”’Charlie McAvoy scored for the Bruins late in the first period. Torey Krug’s late goal trimmed Tampa Bay’s lead to 3-2 with just over four minutes remaining.Tampa Bay’s Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 18 shots. Tuukka Rask finished with 27 saves for Boston.”They lost 6-2 at home and didn’t feel good about their game. So Womens Andrew Cogliano Jersey , you’ve got to expect they’re going to come out and play hard,” Boston coach Bruce Cassidy said. ”I expect it in Game 3 going forward. They’ll play hard and so will we.”The Lightning had nearly twice as many scoring opportunities as the Bruins in the series opener and controlled play early Monday night, getting off the first 10 shots of the game and taking a 1-0 lead on Gourde’s power-play goal at 11:47 of the first period.With the exception of failing to taking advantage of a long 5-on-3 power play, the Bruins made the most of limited chances, with the Bergeron line leading the way.McAvoy’s goal, with Bergeron and Marchand assisting, made it 1-1. Pastrnak and Marchand set up Krug’s goal to keep the Bruins close.The Bergeron line has 12 goals and 41 points in Boston’s five playoff wins. The four assists Monday night are the only points the trio has delivered in four losses.”I know they had a good game, but I think it’s more on us,” Pastrnak said of the play of Point’s line. ”We’ve got to be better Wednesday.”McAvoy said no one should be surprised the series is tied headed to Boston for the next two games.”You want to sweep every series, obviously. But how attainable is that?” the defenseman said.”We’re down to the last eight teams in the league. Every team here belongs here. These guys are a great team. We were battling with them all year for first place in the standings,” McAvoy added. ”We know they’re a good team, but we’re a good team as well. So, this is going to be a tight series. I don’t think anybody doubts that.”NOTES: The Lightning have not fallen behind 2-0 in a playoff series since the 2014 Eastern Conference quarterfinals against Montreal. … Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara appeared in his 111th playoff game, tying Rick Middleton for fourth place on Boston’s career list. It was the 109th playoff game for Bergeron, tied with John Bucyk for the sixth-most in franchise history. … With his 24th career playoff goal, Johnson pulled even with Vincent Lecavalier for third on Tampa Bay’s all-time list.—

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz