Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Forumhandhabung, Forumregeln, News, Anmeldeprobleme usw.
jokergreen0220 Offline

19.02.2019 07:16
OAKLAND – There has been a quiet, building frustration in the Blue Jays clubhouse with Major League Baseballs new replay and cha Antworten

OAKLAND – There has been a quiet, building frustration in the Blue Jays clubhouse with Major League Baseballs new replay and challenge system. Cheap Air Jordan 3 China . After Saturday nights 5-1 loss to Oakland, Torontos third-straight defeat at O.co Coliseum, Jose Bautista blew the lid off the simmering pot. First, the situation: With the Jays trailing 3-1 in the eighth, Jose Bautista was at the plate with two outs and Melky Cabrera on first base. Bautista doubled down the leftfield line off As reliever Luke Gregerson. Third base coach Luis Rivera waved Cabrera around third. Shortstop Jed Lowries relay throw to catcher Derek Norris was on the money and Norris swiped a tag at a sliding Cabrera. Home plate umpire Bill Miller, the man involved in Brett Lawries infamous helmet spiking incident two years ago, called Cabrera out. Manager John Gibbons challenged the play. It was close. The call on the field stood after a two-and-a-half minute review. The inning was over; the Jays wouldnt recover. "I dont really know which replay they were looking at but clearly they must have had a different video feed than the one we had," said Bautista. "Its pretty frustrating for you to battle as a team, keep the game close, for our pitchers to be doing what theyre doing, for us to keep grinding through games and facing some touch pitching and somehow be able to tie the game in the eighth inning, it all goes down the drain because somebody first, initially, made a bad call to begin with and then it gets upheld by God knows who in some room in New York supposedly." Bautista, the gathered media were about to find out, was only getting warmed up. "This whole replay thing has become a joke in my eyes," said Bautista. "I think they should just ban it, they should just get rid of it. I dont really understand the purpose of it but getting the right call on the field is not the purpose. Thats pretty obvious and evident. I dont know what kind of agenda the people that are doing the replays are on, what their plan is, what their purpose is, who theyre looking after. But obviously getting the right call on the field is not what theyre doing." There are those in the organization whove expressed quiet frustration at other challenges and reviews that havent gone the Jays way. Another recent example: Last Wednesday against Milwaukee when Munenori Kawasaki was called out at first base on a groundball to Brewers shortstop Jean Segura. Seguras throw pulled first baseman Jonathan Lucroy off the bag. Lucroy spun and attempted a tag on Kawasaki. The call was upheld despite evidence to the contrary. Baseball is cycling umpires through the so-called replay war room in New York City. When a play is challenged, the on-field umpire is getting on the headset and talking to a colleague. Regardless of what is the reality, the perception is increasing that umpires are watching out for umpires. Count Bautista in that camp. "I feel like there was a chance for Adam Lind to tie the game in the eighth inning (that) was taken away from us," said Bautista. "Man on second, two outs, 3-2 ballgame, we were right in it. Unfortunately some people, I dont know what the right word is, lack of integrity, lack of accountability, or some really good camaraderie that are looking after each other, are not doing what theyre supposed to be doing. Because getting the right call on the field, which is why instant replay was instituted, is not the purpose of whats happening. The best evidence is what happened today." Bautista surely will be fined for his outburst and his comments reflect a growing frustration with the clubs play. The Jays are 9-18 since hitting their season high-water mark of 38-24 on June 6. A six game lead in the American League East has turned into a deficit. Following Saturdays loss, Toronto is a full game back of the Baltimore Orioles for first place. The team is dealing with injuries, the latest suffered by Edwin Encarnacion (story here: http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=456550). Brett Lawrie has a fractured right index finger and likely wont be back until August. Bautista is playing with a sore hamstring and Adam Lind is playing with a bruised right foot. REYES ON TRADE MARKET Shortstop Jose Reyes weighed in to TSN.ca about Oaklands acquisition of pitchers Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel in Fridays blockbuster trade with the Chicago Cubs. "Its good for Oakland," said Reyes. "They got very good two pitchers. Samardzija, hes been one of the best this year. To go along with what they have, I mean thats huge for them. That means theyre pushing and they want to go all the way." Judging by the package the Athletics sent to Chicago (2012 first round pick, SS Addison Russell; 2013 first round pick, OF Billy McKinney; P Dan Straily and a player to be named later) its clear the Blue Jays couldnt match unless they were willing to part with a young pitcher off their major league roster. Starting pitching may not be Torontos priority, anyway. The staff has held up well through more than a half the season. An infielder, a second baseman or a third baseman, and bullpen help are just as important. "I think he knows what we need," said Reyes. "As a player I need to worry about doing my job. Our GM, hes got a job to do so I dont want to get involved in that and get involved in his decisions. Of course, our front office knows what we need. Its no secret to no one." GIBBONS: BUEHRLES AN ALL-STAR Mark Buehrles skipper thinks his left-hander should be in Minneapolis on July 15 for the All-Star Game. "Yeah he should be an All-Star, no question. No doubt," said manager John Gibbons. Buehrle (10-6) often jokes about luck and how its the determining factor in whether hes successful. After a 10-1 start to his season, Buehrles dropped his last five decisions and is winless in six-straight starts. Look closer, though, and youll see hes still pitching well. Four of Buehrles last six starts, the winless span, have been quality starts (six or more innings, three or fewer earned runs against). Buehrles ERA, in 121 1/3 innings this season, is a stellar 2.60. ITS A CRUEL BUSINESS How is Tommy Milone feeling right now? The As left-hander tossed six innings of shutout ball against the Blue Jays on Friday and had a record of 6-0 with a 2.62 ERA over his last 11 starts dating back to May 9. On Saturday, Milone was optioned to Oaklands Triple-A affiliate in Sacramento to make room on the active roster for newly-acquired starting pitchers Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel. Cheap Air Jordan 3 Wholesale . (AP) -- The head of the committee that developed Major League Baseballs plan to expand instant replay says he is optimistic the system will be in place this season, even though owners and unions for players and umpires have yet to approve. Wholesale Air Jordan 3 Cheap . The move - the latest twist in Greeces nearly three-year financial freefall -- is the first such action by any of the countrys major sports bodies. It immediately halts all domestic track and field competitions, including track meets May 12-13 in several Greek cities. http://www.airjordan3wholesale.com/ . -- Kyle Busch edged teammate Joey Logano at the Bristol Motor Speedway finish line Friday night to become the all-time winningest driver in Nationwide Series.Yesterday evening - a few hours after he signed his new contract extension with the Ottawa Senators - Bobby Ryan posted a fairly harmless tweet about the Thursday night NFL game. @b_ryan9: Oh man. Is Rodgers going to throw for 450 tonight? The reaction was immediate and harsh. And no, it wasnt from Minnesota Vikings fans who were upset with Ryans comment about how Aaron Rodgers was carving up their defense. Instead, the first responders to the tweet were a wave of Philadelphia Flyers fans who were crushed that Ryan had chosen to stay with Ottawa instead of becoming a free agent and returning to his hometown near Philadelphia. A small sampling of the responses: @SauceItup: @b_ryan9: Are you coming to Philly? Should answer your question. :( @FlyersNation: @b_ryan9: Why Bobby why @FlyersTime: @b_ryan9: you betrayed us #flyers @jDundon29: @b_ryan9: Well well its Bobby no Philly Ryan So after his media scrum ended this morning, I decided to ask Ryan if he paid much attention to the negativity coming out of Philadelphia since he signed his contract extension 24 hours earlier. He immediately started to laugh and pulled out his phone from his pocket. Actually, I got to show you the best one, because the picture was so good. Ryan showed me the image that he now has saved onto his phone. Its a fairly popular internet meme with a person eating a popsicle - and the caption about how a disappointing and salty taste has been left behind for Flyers fans. I had to laugh, Ryan said when he saw that picture. I sent it to my Mom and I was like youre going to love this. The irony of course, is that everybody in Philadelphia assumed that Ryan wanted to come home and play near his family and friends. Instead, Ryan shared a good laugh with his mom over the disappointment that Flyers fans were feeling. His Twitter feed being flooded by Philadelphia fans is nothing new for Ryan, who says that he has constantly been bombarded by them over the years. I was getting like 100 (tweets) per day at one point last summer and it was incredible, Ryan explained. But I think anybody who has social media goes through that from their hometown, but mine was just a little more in the media because of the trade rumours. Its daily and its constant what I get from Flyers fans -- and theyre great. Air Jordan 3 Cheap Online. They are awesome and I understand they want a hometown kid to play there. As for the mood from Flyers fans yesterday, Ryan said that the majority of them were actually fairly good-natured about his decision to stay in Ottawa instead of testing the free agent waters next summer. Most of them were pretty good. They said congratulations and we wish you luck anyway. I had a couple of ignorant ones where you just end up blocking the guy, said Ryan. But the most outpouring was from Sens fans and it was great. Flyers fans can be forgiven for assuming that Ryan would want to return to Philadelphia as an NHL player because for a while, it looked like the script was playing out perfectly. After his trade from Anaheim to Ottawa last season, many signs pointed to Ryan possibly testing out free agency on July 1, 2015. Even the 26-year-old Ryan -- who grew up in suburban Philadelphia -- admitted that the thought of returning home had crossed his mind. I always felt like it was -- not that it was destined -- but the way the stars were aligning over the past couple of years, that maybe it was a potential. But I never gave it much thought beyond that. I thought, Maybe it would be cool. And it was always flattering, he said. Ryan said he was extra cautious over the past year to make sure he didnt create a social media firestorm by favouriting or re-tweeting someones tweet about him going to the Flyers. Other NHL stars like Steven Stamkos and Evander Kane have gotten into hot water for doing similar things, so Ryan said he made sure he only interacted with some well-known parody accounts or people who were clearly joking about him going back to Philadelphia. Ill retweet or favorite some of those guys, but thats about it. You really have to pick your spots because people take things the wrong way way too often on Twitter. They cant pick up sarcasm on Twitter a lot of the time, Ryan said. For the record, Ryans first visit to Philadelphia this season is on January 6th and if the Flyers fans live up to their reputation, he can probably expect to hear a chorus of boos when he touches the puck at the Wells Fargo Center. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz