Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Forumhandhabung, Forumregeln, News, Anmeldeprobleme usw.
jokergreen0220 Offline

01.03.2019 08:41
The Vancouver Canucks have named former captain Trevor Linden as the teams new president of hockey operations and alternate gove Antworten

The Vancouver Canucks have named former captain Trevor Linden as the teams new president of hockey operations and alternate governor. Adidas España Outlet . “Today is a real honour," Linden said. "I came to Vancouver 26 years ago and I have never left. I love this city. It is my home and the Canucks have always been part of my family." "Im passionate about the Canucks and I want to win – just like the Canucks fans do," he added. "I believe Im ready for this challenge. Im passionate about this team and I want to win." Francesco Aquilini, chairman of Canucks Sports and Entertainment offered glowing praise of the captain-turned-president. "We believe in Trevors leadership abilities," he said. "His 20 years of NHL experience including seven as team captain, his role as NHLPA President, community leader and businessman offers a very special skill set; one that will positively shape the direction of this club in the future." Speaking on the succession plan for replacing Mike Gillis, who was dismissed as general manager on Tuesday, Linden said that he has a multitude of options to explore and has already begun looking. "Thats a process that I have to thoroughly evaluate," Linden said when asked about the GM search. "We will do a general manager search from both within and outside our organization." With only three games remaining in the regular season, the Canucks announced that Gillis was fired after the team was officially eliminated from postseason contention. The Canucks were also eliminated in the first round in each of the last two seasons after falling one win short of a Stanley Cup in 2011. "I have a profile of a general manager that I would like," Linden said Wednesday. "Now its about putting a candidate list together. Thats a critical path." He would add that he will operate with "full autonomy" as Canucks president and will make all decisions on hockey operations. Linden also expressed his intention to have a new general manager in place by the 2014 NHL Draft, scheduled for June 27-28 in Philadelphia. Under first-year head coach John Tortorella, they sit 11th in the Western Conference. And as for Tortorellas future with the Canucks, Linden said theres no hurry to decide. "Any sort of coaching decision will be made in due time, after a thorough evaluation," he said at Wednesdays introductory news conference. Aquilini elaborated on the need for a new man at the top of the Canucks hockey department. "We came from within one game of winning a Stanley Cup [in 2011], and it was time for a change," he said. Aquilini added that he would not stop short of pointing the finger at his recently-dismissed GM and his current coach. ""Mike (Gillis) hired Tortorella and Im responsible for that and thats why we have a change in direction today," he explained. Linden would not offer up any theories as to what led to the Canucks failure to make the playoffs this season, but pointed to the timing of the decision as beneficial to getting answers. Linden said hed use this coming week to talk to coaches and players and conduct a "thorough review" of the season. "Ill reserve comment until I have more detail," Linden concluded. Gillis came to the organization in April of 2008, taking over for the fired Dave Nonis. He turned a club which had missed out on the postseason in two of the previous three seasons and built them back up into a contender, snagging five straight playoff berths, five Northwest Division titles and two straight Presidents Trophies (2011, 2012). "On behalf of my entire family, I would like to sincerely thank Mike Gillis for his hard work and the many contributions he made on and off the ice during his tenure," said Aquilini in a statement on Tuesday. "The Vancouver Canucks had success under Mikes leadership, and we nearly reached our ultimate goal; but I believe we have reached a point where a change in leadership and new voice is needed. "I also want to thank our fans for their support for the Vancouver Canucks through a difficult and frustrating season," continued Aquilini. "We havent met their expectations or ours. We are committed to bringing the Stanley Cup to Vancouver for our fans and we will continue to do everything possible to reach that goal." Linden played 16 seasons with the Canucks and is the franchise leader in games played. As team captain from 1991 to 1997, he helped lead the Canucks to their second-ever appearance in the Stanley Cup final in 1994. Zapatillas Adidas Outlet España . -- The guys in green raced off the court and into the locker room where they danced and sang, compared whose shot was most likely to end up featured on "One Shining Moment," and checked Twitter to see who was giving them a shoutout. Adidas Baratos España . James Harden wasnt worried and told his coach as much. "He was fired up but I told him: Its OK. Were going to be all right," Harden said. And they were. Houston scored 17 straight points after that timeout, led by 10 from Harden, to take the lead and roll to an easy 129-106 win. http://www.zapatillasadidasbaratas.es/ . His fellow Finn, 21 years his junior, had just arrived in Anaheim and was hoping to stick with the Ducks. LONDON -- West Ham will head into 2014 stuck in the Premier Leagues relegation zone after twice surrendering the lead to draw 3-3 with West Bromwich Albion in a thrilling match at Upton Park on Saturday. Former France striker Nicolas Anelka scored twice in a five-minute span -- his first goals for West Brom -- to put his team 2-1 ahead at halftime after Joe Cole had given West Ham a fourth-minute lead with a low shot. Substitute Modibo Maiga curled a shot underneath goalkeeper Ben Foster for West Hams equalizer in the 65th before heading across goal for Kevin Nolan to net a flying volley two minutes later, the captains first goal since the start of the season. That looked like giving the hosts a victory in what under-pressure manager Sam Allardyce had labeled a "must-win" game. But Saido Berahinos low finish in the 69th earned a point for West Brom, which is unbeaten in threee matches under caretaker manager Keith Downing. Adidas Baratas España. Of the teams to start the day in the bottom six, only West Ham hasnt changed its manager since the start of the season. "Any of the six teams in trouble, if Sam is out of a job, they hire him to keep them up," Nolan said. "The chairmen have been brilliant with him, they understand weve had injuries. Were all in it together. "We feel well be in the Premier League come the end of the season." West Ham, which has won just one of its last 12 games, was fortunate to come away with a point after Berahino curled a free kick against the post in the 82nd. By running on to Chris Brunts pass and clipping home a finish in the 40th to make it 1-1, Anelka became the ninth player to score for six different Premier League clubs. It was his first goal in the English top division since August 2011. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz