Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Forumhandhabung, Forumregeln, News, Anmeldeprobleme usw.
jokergreen0220 Offline

06.03.2019 09:02
TORONTO -- Dont expect Toronto FC manager Ryan Nelsen to shed any tears for cs current crisis in defence. [url=http://www.cheaps Antworten

TORONTO -- Dont expect Toronto FC manager Ryan Nelsen to shed any tears for cs current crisis in defence. Nike Shoes Clearance Australia . "Weve lost far more than them over the first eight games of our season and nobody felt sorry for us," Nelsen said prior to Friday nights game in Kansas City. "Just because theyre missing two or three, were missing three in our midfield. So actually were probably hurting more than them, to tell you the truth." Nelsen notes he has been able to use his starting lineup once this season, a reference likely to the D.C. United game back in March. While Toronto (4-4-0) has question-marks in midfield, the defensive cupboard is almost completely bare for Kansas City (5-4-2). Matt Besler is with the U.S. World Cup team while Lawrence Olum has been summoned by the Kenyan national team for a two-legged Africa Cup of Nations qualifier. Aurelien Collin is nursing a hamstring injury and Ike Opara is out for the season after ankle surgery. To make matters worse, 17-year-old defender Erik Palmer-Brown was sent off for two yellow cards in his MLS debut last weekend, a 2-1 loss to the Chicago Fire that saw Kansas City give up two penalties. So Palmer-Brown is suspended for Fridays game. Kansas City is also without key attacking midfielder Graham Zusi, whos with the U.S. team. Manager Peter Vermes started the Chicago game with a 3-5-2 formation, with Palmer-Brown between fullbacks Chance Myers and Seth Sinovic at the back, in a bid to work around his lack of defensive options. He had to return to a four-man backline after Palmer-Browns ejection. Palmer-Brown, reportedly a target of Juventus, still made history by becoming the youngest defender to start an MLS game. He turned 17 on April 24. Collin and defensive midfielder Uri Rosell, who could drop back in defence, may be healthy enough to play Friday. But with three games in eight days -- Kansas City hosts the Red Bulls next Tuesday and visits D.C. United on May 31 -- Vermes will likely not want to rush players back. While the MLS champions are still a quality team, they have lost two straight. And a makeshift defence would seem like catnip to Torontos Jermain Defoe, who has five goals in all competitions. Nelsen has questions of his own, facing five games in 15 days. He has lost American midfielder Michael Bradley and Brazilian goalie Julio Cesar to the World Cup. Brazilian Jackson (concussion) is not expected to play and fellow midfielder Jonathan Osorio is doubtful (hamstring, hand injury). Nelsens other questions are selection-related. Rookie defender Nick Hagglund had a strong game against New York in place of Doneil Henry while Bradley Orr, pushed up into midfield, also impressed. Henry, 21, already has 40 MLS starts under his belt but has made some costly errors in recent games. Nelsen, perhaps easing the blow, said he was moved to the bench against the Red Bulls because he had played 120 minutes midweek in Vancouver and had a few knocks. Hagglunds fine play against French star Thierry Henry and Englands Bradley Wright-Phillips, the leagues leading scorer, may extended Henrys time on the sidelines. "Nick was brilliant," said Nelsen. Nelsen, while not showing his hand, rejected the suggestion that time on the bench might offer a mixed message to Henry whom he regularly talks up. "I sat on the bench at D.C. United and I was three years older than Doneil. They sat me," said Nelsen. "Its going to happen. Its going to happen when youre 20, its going to happen when hes playing in the Premier league or in the top level." "Theyre not bumps, theyre life experiences that youve got to deal with. Everyone deals with them in any job, in any profession ... its just how you react." "Generally the best ones find a way on the field pretty quickly," he added. The 21-year-old Hagglund has already won kudos on the field for his no fear approach. Off the field, his bubbly personality is also appreciated. "Hes a massive part of this squad, this changing room, for such a young kid," said captain Steven Caldwell. "He takes a lot of stick. He laughs, he smiles. His personality rubs off on everybody, Hes a pleasure to have here." Nelsen could retain Orr in central midfield and has newly acquired Collen Warner available, although he may have to play on the flank if Osorio, as expected, cant go. Warner was the last man off the practice field Wednesday, chatting with Nelsen en route to the locker-room. Rookie Daniel Lovitz, who has impressed since returning from loan in Wilmington, is another midfield option. Torontos career record against Kansas City is 4-10-4, including 1-7-1 on the road. Wholesale Nike Shoes Australia . -- Raiders wide receiver Jacoby Ford made it through a third straight practice without any setbacks and expects to play in Oaklands regular-season finale against San Diego. Nike Clearance Sale Australia .com) - Robert Upshaw made a putback jumper to put 17th-ranked Washington ahead with 1:27 remaining in the game and the Huskies held on to beat Eastern Washington 81-77 on Sunday. http://www.cheapshoesaustralianike.com/ . -- New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has no concerns about the health of shortstop Derek Jeter, who was limited to 17 games last season due to leg injuries.PHOENIX -- Almost exactly a year after a routine pre-training camp physical uncovered a heart condition that threatened his career, and maybe worse, Channing Frye is back with the Phoenix Suns. Suns officials say they decided over the weekend that Frye should re-join the team after he was unanimously cleared by several doctors, including some from Johns Hopkins and Columbia universities. Frye has been inactive, in the literal sense of the word, for a year while treating an enlarged heart apparently caused by a virus. How he got the virus remains a mystery. "Theres no real explanation," he said. "It could be a thousand things -- I drank too much coffee, didnt get enough sleep, too much sleep. Its like my heart had a cold, it had a cold for a year, it went away so now Im better." The 6-foot-11 forward has played seven seasons in the NBA, his last three with the Suns. He grew up in Phoenix and starred at the University of Arizona. At 30, Frye is the oldest player on the Suns overhauled roster. "Theres a lot of weird feelings going on right now," he said as he stood in his No. 8 uniform Monday and spoke to the gathering at Suns media day. "Its been a long year. Its been one of the hardest years Ive ever had to go through just because I couldnt do anything. I couldnt rehab it. I couldnt go out on the court and work on it. It was just something I had to sit and wait and heal." Asked if he had done any basketball activity, Fryes answer was: very little. "Just a little dribbling here, a little shooting there," he said, "just a little dribbling here, a little shooting there, but not enough to break a sweat, put it that way." Now its up Intestate 17 to Flagstaff and six days of workouts at an elevation of 7,000 feet in the Suns training camp at Northern Arizona University. Frye said he will ease into things and knows he is under the watchful eye of the Suns training staff. "When I go out there Im going to go as hard as I can," he said. "Im in a safe environment. If the coaches or trainers see anything and say, Lets take a step back," that is what he will do. He said he had talked with other NBA players who had similar conditions and they all said the same thing. Listen to your doctor and follow his advice. Frye must hhardly recognize the Suns from the team he left two seasons ago. Cheap Nike Shoes Australia Free Shipping. New general manager Sean McDonough and new coach Jeff Hornacek have greatly remodeled the roster. Frye, a career 39 per cent 3-point shooter, would be an important component to what Hornacek wants to do, especially with a lineup that has two point guards -- Goran Dragic and newcomer Eric Bledsoe -- on the floor at the same time. During Mondays news conference, Hornacek shouted from the back "Can you still shoot?" "Absolutely," Frye said. McDonough said every roster plan he developed was better with Frye in it. "I think hell play a lot of power forward, maybe even some centre," McDonough said. "The way coach and I would like to play is with the floor spread, and having a power forward that can shoot is a big part of that plan. And as you guys know, Channing is one of the better if not the best shooting big man in the league." Frye did not downplay the enormity of his condition or what might have happened had it not been detected when it was. "I think it was very serious," he said. "As professional athletes, we push ourselves every day. Theres really no medium to exercise, theres zero and theres a hundred. Every doctor I went to was like, Thank God we caught it when we did." But he said he never felt his basketball career was over. "When things didnt look good, I just felt like I wasnt done yet," he said, "and I was determined to approach this like I approach everything else, ever since I was in high school. I wasnt always the best, I wasnt always the strongest or the tallest or the fastest. I just wanted to play ball, thats what Im supposed to do and I never felt like I was done." Frye is married with two small children and he said they were always his first consideration. "If at any point the doctors had said, Hey, look, this is not going to work out, I would have just stopped, he said, "because they (his family) come before this, come before my career." Now comes the difficult chore of becoming an NBA player again. "Yeah, its difficult, but thats the challenge. Thats exciting to me," Frye said. "After not challenging myself for a year, Ive got a lot of challenge energy stored up." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz