Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 44 mal aufgerufen
 Fotos Gran Canaria - Urlaubsbilder aus Gran Canaria
panxing18 Offline

06.05.2019 04:35
The Oakland Athletics added depth to their outfield mix by Antworten

MESA Ryon Healy Jersey , Ariz. (AP) — signing outfielder Robbie Grossman to a $2 million, one-year contract Friday.Nick Martini, Stephen Piscotty, and Ramon Laureano are projected to get the majority of playing time in the A’s outfield. Oakland manager Bob Melvin said the club would be looking at Grossman as an option in left field.“Sitting here now, that’s probably the spot he’d play more. We have a lot of depth at the outfield position and I don’t think that’s a bad thing,” said Melvin, who called Grossman “a good pick up.”Grossman can earn an additional $200,000 in performance bonuses based on plate appearances: $100,000 each for 500 and 550. He acknowledged he was getting a little anxious waiting at home as camps opened. The A’s have their first full squad workout Saturday.“Being in that situation http://www.marinersfanproshop.com/authentic-edgar-martinez-jersey , it’s tough right now, especially how the market is,” Grossman said. “I’m excited to land here and excited to be an Oakland A.”Grossman spent the last three seasons with the Twins. He batted .273 with five home runs and 48 RBIs last season.The Athletics also signed infielder Cliff Pennington to a minor league deal with an invitation to spring training.Pennington returns to the A’s, where he began his big league career in 2008. He has compiled a .242 batting average in 11 seasons with the A’s, Diamondbacks, Angels, Reds and Blue Jays.“He’s a guy we’ve had in this organization and has made himself a versatile player now,” Melvin said. “He’s a switch-hitter, has been in our organization before http://www.marinersfanproshop.com/authentic-edgar-martinez-jersey , he knows what we’re all about here. He was kind of a favorite of mine, too, back in my earlier days here. It’s nice to see him back.”To make room for Grossman on the 40-man roster, right-hander Daniel Gossett was placed on the 60-day injured list. Gossett appeared in five games for the A’s last year before undergoing Tommy John reconstruction surgery Aug. 1. He went 0-3 with a 5.18 ERA.NOTES: The Athletics announced a radio broadcast agreement with KTRB 860 AM and an expanded partnership with KHTK-AM 1140 in Sacramento. The dual stations, along with 17 additional radio network affiliates, will provide the largest coverage map ever for A’s baseball. The Chicago White Sox will try to win their third game in a row when they host the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday night at Guaranteed Rate Field.Chicago (56-82) is coming off a dramatic 4-2 win in Monday’s series opener. The White Sox trailed 2-1 entering the ninth inning but tied the score on a home run by Daniel Palka before winning it with a two-run shot by Matt Davidson.The victory pushed the White Sox into sole possession of third place — something few thought possible as the White Sox flirted with baseball’s worst record a month ago. But Chicago has rallied by winning eight of their last 11, 14 of 20 and 19 of 31.Article continues below ...White Sox manager Rick Renteria said everyone on the team deserves credit for the success. But it’s hard not to notice the stellar performance of the starting rotation as of late, which has helped to lead the charge.“They’ve been great,” Renteria said. “I think these guys are settling in Felix Hernandez Jersey , learning about themselves, knowing what they’re capable of doing. I think they’re starting to trust themselves. I think their confidence level continues to rise.“We’re trying to get through the back end of ballgames to complete what those guys on the front end have done. Right now, we’re going to try to find out a lot, so we’ll see how it goes.“But it doesn’t ever take away, regardless of the outcome at the end, it never takes away from what those guys have done at the beginning of the ballgame. We have a lot of guys that have thrown a lot of quality starts for us, up and down (the rotation).”A prime example is right-hander Lucas Giolito (10-9, 5.66 ERA), who is scheduled to make his 28th start in the second game of a three-game set against Detroit.Giolito is 3-0 with a 2.84 ERA in his last three starts Hisashi Iwakuma Jersey , limiting opponents to a .191 batting average (18-for-94) during that span. He tied a season high with eight strikeouts his last time out against the Boston Red Sox.In five career starts against Detroit, Giolito is 3-1 with a 4.06 ERA. He has walked 10 and struck out 27 in 31 innings.As Chicago enjoys a hot streak, the same cannot be said for Detroit (55-83). The Tigers’ latest walk-off defeat sent them to fourth place in the AL Central and marked their eighth loss in the past 10 games.Tigers left-hander Francisco Liriano (3-9, 4.96 ERA) will try to stop the skid when he makes his 22nd start. Liriano gave up five runs (four earned) and seven hits in 4 1/3 innings his last time out against the New York Yankees but did not pick up a decision.In 19 appearances against the White Sox, including 13 as a starter, Liriano is 6-5 with a 4.66 ERA. He drew the loss in his last outing against Chicago as he surrendered five runs and six hits in five innings. He has a 6.38 ERA at Guaranteed Rate Field.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz