Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 39 mal aufgerufen
 Forumhandhabung, Forumregeln, News, Anmeldeprobleme usw.
huangjian123 Offline

09.05.2019 04:15
Gareon Conley Jersey Antworten

Yesterday was photo day Alex Bregman Jersey , and a reminder of how many new faces are in Orioles camp this year."Hello, friends.Although you may have had to shovel out some snow yesterday, there are now just 35 days remaining until the next Orioles game. Opening Day is a mere five weeks away! The first game on the exhibition schedule is now just two days away, which also helps things feel a little warmer. There will be baseball back on your TV and on your radio very soon.It’s been 30 days since Mike Mussina, the greatest Orioles pitcher of my lifetime, was elected to the Hall of Fame. The team has not yet announced any plans for a jersey retirement or statue.Yesterday was the annual spring ritual of photo day. Scanning the gallery of photos was a reminder of just how many new faces there are to the organization, and how many less-recognizable returning faces have been elevated to competing for big league jobs. There are not very many household names on this team even if your household is full of dedicated Orioles fans. There is a new manager, new coaches. Some minor league signings are hanging around hoping for jobs on what will probably be the only MLB team that might employ them in 2019. Some prospect-ish players are doing the same. The result is a lot of photos like this:Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty ImagesWho is this unmasked man? He is catcher Martin Cervenka. If you were paying attention very closely to Camden Chat’s daily minor league recaps last season, you might have seen his name showing up when talking about the Bowie Baysox. I would not recognize him if I passed him on the street, even if I saw him in an Orioles uniform. He’s competing for the backup job. Heck, he might be competing for the starting job.The Orioles acquired Dillon Tate from the Yankees in the Zack (then Zach) Britton trade last July. Do you have any idea what he looks like? If not, here:Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty ImagesIt’s not very hard to smile when you’re wearing a big league uniform. I wish the best for Cervenka, Tate, and everyone else competing for a spot this spring. I would like nothing more than for these guys to make their way onto the Orioles and then surprise the world with their quality.By the way, there are a lot of pictures of players who are sporting beards, some of whom did not sport beards before. We are going to soon find out whether the Orioles miserly facial hair policy has carried on into the Elias/Hyde era. Maybe the ascendant Angelos sons don’t care about that one quite as much as their dad seemed to. This is not among the 20 most important things to watch as camp progresses, but it is a subject for curiosity nonetheless.Around the blogO’sphereYefry Ramirez to start Grapefruit League opener against Twins (Baltimore Sun)Whoever started this game was only going to throw an inning or two, but still...Orioles need to find a position for Mountcastle’s glove before they can promote his bat (The Athletic)One of the deflating things from the early days of spring training was “Ryan Mountcastle working out at first base.” He’s also getting reps at third base. We’ll see which sticks.More on Yacabonis’ role in camp (School of Roch)Jimmy Yacabonis seems to have inherited the mantle of pitcher who the team tries out as a starter every spring even though nobody really believes it will work from Mike Wright.Mike Yastrzemski trying to make his own name in first Orioles camp (Baltimore Baseball)Good luck to him. There does seem to be some room in the MLB outfield, at least in the short term.For Alex Cobb, first live BP session shows importance of full spring after last year’s rush (Baltimore Sun)Longtime readers of this site know I am a grump when it comes to spring training. Part of the reason for that is the stream of headlines like this one. Cobb certainly didn’t seem to be helped by signing late last season, and I hope he’s better this year, but as far as acting like the first live bullpen session matters, give me a break.Orioles honor Frank Robinson on uniforms (Orioles.com)The #20 patch on the sleeves all season is the easiest thing the Orioles could have done. It’s still nice ot know that they’re going to do it.Birthdays and anniversariesOne lone former Oriole has a birthday today. Happy 74th to 1971-72/75-77 reserve outfielder Tom Shopay.Is today your birthday? Happy birthday to you! Your birthday buddies for today include: memoir writer Anais Nin (1903), philosopher John Rawls (1921) http://www.astrosfanproshop.com/authentic-justin-verlander-jersey , musician Nina Simone (1933), actor Kelsey Grammer (1955), baseball Hall of Famer Alan Trammell (1958), novelist David Foster Wallace (1962), Key & Peele’s Jordan Peele (1979), Rick and Morty co-creator Justin Roiland (1980), and actress Sophie Turner (1996).On this day in history...In 1613, a national assembly elected Mikhail I as tsar of Russia. The dynasty he founded, the Romanovs, reigned until 1917.In 1848, Marx and Engels published The Communist Manifesto.In 1916, the German army attacked French positions at Verdun. A back-and-forth battle over the next 303 days eventually resulted in a French victory, with over 300,000 soldiers killed between both sides and nearly half a million more wounded.In 1972, President Richard Nixon went to the People’s Republic of China, establishing normal diplomatic relations with that country for the first time.In 1975, Nixon’s Attorney General, John Mitchell, and his aides H.R. Haldeman and John Ehrlichman, were sentenced to prison for their roles in the Watergate scandal. Each of the three ultimately served about 18 months.**And that’s the way it is in Birdland on February 21 - or at least, unless something important happens later down in Sarasota. Have a safe Thursday. The easy answer: both. But if you had to choose ..."Splendid (pencil) splinter Eno Sarris threw out a terrific read on Bryce Harper and Manny Machado at the athletic on Tuesday, and there’s just no way not to give it some love here today. It involves the conundrum facing (theoretically) 30 teams, and possibly coming down to all but two — the Chicago White Sox and Philadelphia Phillies — who will have the better career from here, Machado or Harper?Here at SSS Brian McCann Jersey , we’ve had the debate in comments, very briefly. I’ve said that Bryce is more the Brooks Boyer choice, as a player with the oversized personality to own the city, while Manny will provide more value and flexibility on the field.Taking almost completely the “aging curve” angle, does Sarris agree that Manny is the better play?Before I crib (hopefully gently) from his piece, let me advise that you should be reading Eno as often as you can, whether or not you share his love for brewhouse esoterica and food plate pics. I’ll try to highlight some of the points of greatest divergence between the two.One element quick to flush careers down the toilet is plate discipline, or as Harris says it, “the ability to make contact on pitches outside the zone ages poorly.” To a somewhat slight extent, Harper stabs less often outside the strike zone and has better plate discipline overall. More significantly, though Machado’s contact is better, it comes more often on pitches outside of the strike zone. And yet, Machado’s has a really nice career strikeout rate (16.4%), better than Harper at 21.1%. Perhaps Harper has sold out more often for power?The word-that-didn’t-exist-two-decades-ago, “athleticism,” is the the next major point, and in this, Harper prevails readily. While it’s great that Machado has greater positional flexibility (and value), he’s, to put it bluntly, slow (per Sarris, the second-slowest shortstop in MLB last year). The metrics point to Harper as, simply, a better athlete http://www.astrosfanproshop.com/authentic-justin-verlander-jersey , and one who will age better.Sarris notes that generally, the aging curve really picks up on defense at age 33, which might be something to toss out of the mix here because we’re talking about the tail end of a 10-year deal. However, props for Machado for playing shortstop in 2018 (theoretically making him able to man any position on the field, sans pitcher or catcher).Sarris sees both players as ~30 WAR guys to this point, with Harper getting about 10 more offensive wins than Machado (thus Machado sees more of his value balanced between offense and defense). Harper’s next position options are very limited. Left field? First base? A 30-year-old DH? Significant advantage for Machado here.Finally, Sarris lands at “coaching” as a category: Which player has untapped potential that a new staff might unlock? The advantage goes to Machado, as there’s more upside for him with defensive coaching, and a new hitting coach might be able to get him to chase less often out of the zone. Harper, on the other hand, appears to be more of a what-you-see-is-what-you-get player — if not a “finished” player, one with a shorter ceiling from here.I’ll have you click Sarris’ piece to see who he prefers, but the over breakdown is:Advantage, Harper: better plate discipline, better athleteAdvantage, Machado: (significantly) better defense, more untapped potentialFor the White Sox, Machado fits more of an organizational need, and offers a more steady baseline of production than Harper. But that may be putting a magnifying glass over immediate team needs, which is a bit silly when addressing a possible 10-year deal. (Sort of like when pundits are pushing the New York Yankees as a “perfect fit” for Machado because he can play shortstop for three months while Didi Gregorius rehabs from TJS.)The lame (though very true) answer is: Either one is fine! Or: Both!So, let’s choose and discuss. Presuming the exact same contract terms, who do you want on the White Sox in 2019 and beyond, eventually going into the Hall of Fame in a White Sox cap?

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz