Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Fotos Gran Canaria - Urlaubsbilder aus Gran Canaria
panxing18 Offline

14.05.2019 03:52
WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Royals Trade Rumors & Hot StoveRoyals Antworten

Hunter Dozier comes through in the clutch!" Minor Leagues & ProspectsRoyals Review ClassicRoyals Review Users GuideThe 100 Greatest Royals Of All TimeSweep! Royals walk-off Indians Tyler Austin Jersey , 9-8New,42commentsHunter Dozier comes through in the clutch!EDTShareTweetShareShareSweep! Royals walk-off Indians, 9-8Peter G. AikenIt was up and down throughout the day, but the Royals put together their first sweep of the Cleveland Indians in three years. They walked off on Cleveland, 9-8, to win their third game in a row.Baseball is kind of fun again!Despite being in a 3-0 hole before they hit for the first time, the Royals ambushed Corey Kluber and forced him into his worst career start against Kansas City. Lucas Duda blasted a three-run homer in the second inning. Whit Merrifield hit an opposite-field jack to make it 4-0. And then in the third, four different Royals walked, including two with the bases loaded, to chase Kluber after just 2.2 innings pitched.By the time Kluber departed, the score was 6-3, and 89 pitches had been thrown to get just eight outs. He allowed six runs, walked five, and gave up two homers. Cleveland got two runs back in the fourth, but the Royals responded with a bunt RBI single by am Gallagher in the fifth. Jorge Soler hit a booming homer to center field to make it 8-5, and it appeared that the Royals were in a position to coast to a win.Of course, that’s when the bullpen happened. Cleveland got three runs in the seventh to pull even with Kansas City as Jake Newberry gave up a ton of runs. I, for one, am shocked that Jake Newberry isn’t the next Mariano Rivera. All of those runs were charged to Richard Lovelady http://www.yankeesfanproshop.com/authentic-giancarlo-stanton-jersey , who should have never been pulled from the game. Remember how Kyle Zimmer was demoted because there wasn’t enough room in the pen for him? It’s an absolute embarrassment that he’s not here when you look at the other names in this bullpen.Now, in the bottom of the ninth inning, the Royals of old came out with their late-inning magic. After two scoreless innings of relief by Brad Boxberger and Wily Peralta, Ryan O’Hearn worked a gutsy walk to lead off the frame. Pinch runner Terrance Gore came in and swiped second, and he went to third on a throwing error. Then, one pitch later, Hunter Dozier banged a game-winning single to left field. Walk-off. Sweep.I’d say these guys needed that, huh? They’re just 5-10 on the year, but those were three really nice wins they put together this weekend.Jake Junis got plenty of run support, but he was all over the place in this game. He did make it through 6.1 innings, but he allowed five runs on eight hits and threw 105 pitches. His ERA is 6.14 through four starts this year.Wily Peralta got the win after pitching a scoreless ninth inning.Up next: the Royals, who it seems have played every game this year at home, hit the road to face Chicago in a series that starts on Monday night. Heath Fillmyer will get the start. The Cubs need pitching help, but it’s likely going to have to come from in house."You knew, just knew, didn’t you?Watching this crazy game Sunday afternoon, the winning run seemed almost fated to score on a wild pitch. And so it did, after a leadoff double by Joey Gallo and an infield out, Pedro Strop threw one away and the Rangers had a wacky 11-10 win over the Cubs Miguel Andujar Jersey , unexpectedly winning this series.Before you read the rest of this recap or jump off the ledge, I want to remind you of something:There are 159 games remaining this season.Feel better now?I didn’t think so, but let’s try to deconstruct this game. The Cubs scored first, thanks to Kyle Schwarber, who hit his second homer in as many days [VIDEO].Your browser does not support HTML5 video.And they plated two more in the third, on RBI singles by Ben Zobrist and Kris Bryant. An infield out in the fourth made it 4-0, and you’d have been really happy if they had just ended the game right then, hmmm?Cole Hamels had allowed one run in the bottom of the fourth, but had two out and a runner on first. Easy, right? Well, no. Hamels walked the bases loaded and Delino DeShields smashed a grand slam, and suddenly it’s 5-4 Rangers.The Cubs began their comeback in the sixth. This inning was a great example of what Joe Maddon called “opportunity hitting” in spring training. It’s really just another name for “situational hitting,” but the Cubs did really well here. Four RBI singles (Jason Heyward, Zobrist, Bryant and Anthony Rizzo) gave the Cubs their three-run lead back.Then it was time for Tyler Chatwood to show off the good relief form he’d shown this spring, in relief of Hamels.That lasted two batters, both of whom made outs, on just six pitches. That’s good! What wasn’t good was Jeff Mathis, one of the worst hitters the Rangers have Tim Tebow Jersey , homering off Chatwood, making it 8-6 Cubs. Chatwood got the final out, walked the first hitter in the next inning, got out of that with a double play, then gave up a single and another walk. Verdict: Thumbs down, at least for this appearance.Mike Montgomery relieved Chatwood and gave up a triple, home run and another walk. That gave the Rangers a 10-8 lead and brought Steve Cishek into the game. Cishek was good today, and that gave the Cubs a chance to get back into the game. Anthony Rizzo led off the eighth with this monstrous home run into the second deck [VIDEO].Your browser does not support HTML5 video.That ball: CRUSHED!The Cubs tied the game again, moments later, on a single by Javier Baez, who stole second and scored on a single by Daniel Descalso. Cishek threw an uneventful eighth, the Cubs failed to score in the ninth, and now we’re back at the beginning of this recap and you surely don’t need or want me to talk about it again.Before I wrap with my thoughts on this mess, here are a few fun facts:Well now. There are some pretty good seasons in that list. The Cubs have scored 28 runs in three games, so they’re averaging 9.33 runs per game. If they could keep up that pace (spoiler alert: they won’t), that would be 1,512 runs in 2019, which would shatter all records.The offense looks great, it hit well in a good hitters’ park Jay Bruce Jersey , and they’re going to another one in Atlanta.But. The pitching staff allowed 23 runs in the three games; that’s 7.67 runs per game, and that would be 1,242 runs given up this year, shattering all records (again, spoiler alert, this won’t happen).This is an extremely small sample size, against a good-hitting team in a good hitters’ park. The Cubs simply didn’t get the relief help they could have used when they needed it most. That is going to have to change, and I believe it will.Regarding the hitting and Chris Kamka’s tweet about all nine in the lineup hitting safely: Not only did that happen, but seven of the nine hitters had at least TWO hits. The exceptions: Albert Almora Jr. (1-for-4, one run, one RBI) and Schwarber, who hit that home run. It’s good to see Rizzo and Bryant off to good starts, and again, I think the pitching will settle down.Monday wouldn’t be too soon for that to happen. The Cubs open a three-game series in Atlanta, with Kyle Hendricks going against Braves lefty Sean Newcomb. Game time Monday is 6:10 p.m. CT. TV coverage will be on NBC Sports Chicago Plus, along with a national broadcast that will be available in the Cubs market territory.Patience, please. I remind you again: There are 159 games remaining.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz