Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Residenten unter sich - Leben auf Gran Canaria
Bellroll33 Offline

17.06.2019 04:09
full recovery within months after undergoing treatment Antworten

LONDON -- Victoria Duval, an 18-year-old American tennis player, has been diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma but expects to make a full recovery within months after undergoing treatment for the cancer. Duval, who lost in the second round at Wimbledon last week, was diagnosed after a biopsy was taken in England before Wimbledon and further tests in the United States confirmed the results, her management team said Friday. "It is with a heavy heart that I will have to step away from tennis competition for a short period after being diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma," Duval said in the statement. The statement said Hodgkins, the most common form of cancer in adolescents, "was caught in a very early stage." "(She) will undergo treatment right away and due to her overall good health and isolation of the cancer, the prognosis is a full recovery in a few months," the statement said. Treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma, a cancer of the white blood cells, has a high rate of success among young people. Its the latest challenge for Duval and her family: as a child, she was kidnapped in her parents home country of Haiti. And her father was trapped for days in the rubble of his house there after a devastating 2010 earthquake. Duval reached the second round of the U.S. Open last year, beating 2011 champion Sam Stosur in the first round. As a qualifier in the main draw last week at Wimbledon, she lost in the second round to Belinda Bencic of Switzerland. Duval said she received the news after the first round of qualifying at Wimbledon, but decided to continue playing. She beat 29th-seeded Sorana Cirstea of Romania 6-4, 3-6, 6-1 in the first round. "Being on court provided me with much comfort," she said. "I have complete faith that God will assist me and my family with all that we need, to achieve victory and become stronger from this journey. I picture myself healthy, stronger and competing again soon." Billie Jean King said in a tweet that Duval "is a fighter and she will approach this new challenge with a plan and a conviction to win. Thoughts go out to her & family." The Philadelphia Freedoms confirmed Duval would miss the World Team Tennis season beginning in July. Players plan to support Duval by wearing a special patch with her initials. Based in Bradenton, Florida, Duval was born in in the U.S. but grew up Haiti. She has said that when she was 7, she and some cousins were taken hostage there by robbers. "Its not a good memory, so Ive tried to forget as much as I could about it," Duval said at last years U.S. Open when the subject was raised after her win over Stosur. "I dont remember too much of it anymore, which is great." In 2010, when Haiti was rocked by an earthquake, her father was badly injured in the rubble. "Theres a lot to be thankful for. I dont take anything for granted. ... My Dad is really fortunate to be here," she told the U.S. Open crowd last year during an on-court interview. Other tennis players have had recent successful returns from Hodgkins lymphoma. At this years Australian Open, British player Ross Hutchins returned to the tour after almost a year-long layoff and several months of chemotherapy. Alisa Kleybanova of Russia came back at the 2013 U.S. Open after missing nearly two seasons because of the illness. Hutchins, a doubles player, and Kleybanova, in singles and doubles, both played at Wimbledon this year. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . Venable and Jeremy Hermida drove in three runs apiece, and the Padres beat the Colorado Rockies 7-2 on Sunday to snap a nine-game losing streak. Cheap Boston Bruins Jerseys . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. http://www.cheapbruinsjerseys.com/ . Power had a two-lap average of 218.896 mph in qualifying Friday at the high-banked, high-speed 1 1/2-mile track for his 34th career pole. Cheap Adidas Bruins Jerseys . The club announced on Wednesday that Malhotra signed a 25-game professional tryout contract. The 33-year-old suffered a serious eye injury when struck by a puck during a game versus Colorado in March of 2011. Wholesale Bruins Jerseys . Rasmussen didnt have a decision during his four appearances in May, when he gave up two hits and no runs in two innings. Toronto used five relievers while pulling off the second-biggest comeback in franchise history on Friday night, rallying from an 8-0 deficit to a 14-9 win.Pavel Nedved has revealed the one big regret of his career is never having the opportunity to play for Manchester United. The former Czech Republic star was one of the finest midfielders of his generation and enjoyed a trophy-laden career with Sparta Prague, Lazio and Juventus.He was named European Footballer of the Year in 2003 ahead of Thierry Henry and Paolo Maldini after helping Juventus win Serie A. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just ?£6.99. No contract. Despite his success, Nedved admits he is a touch envious of Czech team-mate Karel Poborsky, who played under Sir Alex Ferguson at United from 1996-98.A regret? Nedved told Czech newspaper Idnes. That I never played for Manchester United. Id have liked that. The transfer was never on the table though, there was only Chelsea [interested in me]. Karel Poborsky spent two seasons at Manchester United I liked the generation of Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, whom I admired. I was a little bit jealous of Karel Poborsky, who played in Manchester and experienced great mmatches.dddddddddddd I know he still feels that love.During his career, Nedved played alongside some of the biggest names in world football, including Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Buffon, Lilian Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro and Alessandro Del Piero.But he rates Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic above them all, as the most talented player he ever played alongside. Nedved rates Zlatan Ibrahimovic as his most talented team-mate In terms of team-mates, Ive had a lot and I dont want to offend anyone, he stated. If I had to pick one [as the best] though, Id say Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Hes a striker who can cut through defences. He has scary power and height, as well as excellent technique. That said, when he came to Juventus, he couldnt finish. What you see today is mainly down to the fact Fabio Capello took him for a half-an-hour of shooting practice after every training session.You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the British Masters on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Man Utd video Man Utd fixtures Man Utd stats Get a £10 free bet! Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz