Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 35 mal aufgerufen
 Residenten unter sich - Leben auf Gran Canaria
Bellroll33 Offline

20.06.2019 04:35
he would be facing the Oakland Athletics yet a Antworten

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Jerome Williams glanced at Philadelphias schedule and realized he would be facing the Oakland Athletics yet again, with another new team. Three wins against the As, three different uniforms -- in the same season. What a thing. Williams pitched the Phillies to a 3-0 victory at Oakland on Saturday, adding to his wins against the As while with Houston and Texas earlier this year. The right-hander is the first pitcher since at least 1900 to have at least one win against the same opponent with three different teams in the same season, according to STATS. "Ive been aware of it since I knew I was going to pitch against these guys," Williams said. "That is crazy. For one, you would never think that you would face the same team. Obviously I was with the AL West so I knew I was going to face them, but coming over to the Phillies in interleague play, you didnt think you were going to face the team again. Its a good feat." Freddy Galvis hit a two-run homer in the seventh inning against Dan Otero (8-2), and Marlon Byrd added an RBI single in the eighth. No. 9 hitter Galvis reached double digits in RBIs. "As soon as I hit it, I knew it was a gapper. I tried to run fast. Then I saw it was gone," Galvis said. "Youre happy when you put your team in that position." Williams allowed four hits, struck out three and walked one in seven innings. The right-hander was 0-2 with a 4.08 ERA in his previous three starts. He was aided by double plays in the second and fifth innings. Oakland lost for the seventh time in 10 games, again failing to support its starting pitcher. The As squandered a bases-loaded chance in the second when Derek Norris grounded into an inning-ending double play. "Jerome doesnt really give in, so hes going to give you something over the outer part of the plate," Norris said. Drew Pomeranz gave the As all they hoped for from him in a spot start, allowing one hit and walking two in five scoreless innings. Manager Bob Melvin expected him to throw between 75-80 pitches and he finished at 86. Pomeranz escaped a bases-loaded jam in the first and retired 10 straight batters from there. The left-hander made his first start since another spot outing Aug. 27 at Houston. Jason Hammel will return to the rotation Thursday when he rejoins the club from his paternity leave. Ken Giles became only the second Phillies pitcher to earn a save this season, finishing the four-hitter on his 24th birthday for his first career save. Suspended closer Jonathan Papelbon has the other 37. "Its awesome. Im going to remember it forever," Giles said. "Ive been waiting for my time to come. Im blessed that I got the opportunity to get it on my birthday." Philadelphia earned just its third win in eight games at the Coliseum and improved to 2-4 on its final road trip of the year. TRAINERS ROOM Phillies: Oakland native Jimmy Rollins, still recovering from a strained left hamstring that has sidelined him since Sept. 8, expected a few family members in the stands Saturday but the infielder told some there was no pressure to come with him being hurt. Athletics: CF Coco Crisp had most of the day off until entering as a pinch hitter in the eighth. He had played 14 straight games since missing five with a strained neck. ... RHP Jarrod Parker, who has missed the season following a second Tommy John surgery, will travel to Arizona on Wednesday to continue his throwing program. He hopes to pitch at least twice off the mound this fall before shutting it down in November for the rest of the year. He hopes to be back by next June. UP NEXT Phillies: RHP A.J. Burnett (8-17, 4.40 ERA) tries to end a two-start losing streak when he makes his first start against the As since losing with the Yankees on July 23, 2011. Athletics: LHP Scott Kazmir (14-9, 3.44 ERA) looks to snap an 0-4 skid over his last five starts. He is 14-6 with a 4.31 ERA in 26 interleague starts. Cheap Edgar Martinez Jersey . You can watch the game live on TSN2 and TSN Mobile TV at 9pm et/6pm pt. Jonathan Huberdeau and Quinton Howden are expected to make their debuts for Team Canada. Cheap MLB Jerseys . Dwyane Wade followed a few days later. http://www.cheapmarinersjerseys.com/ . -- Kevin Harvick pulled away on a restart with 47 laps to go and ended Chase Elliotts two-race winning streak in NASCARs Nationwide Series with a dominating victory early Saturday at Richmond International Raceway. Cheap Randy Johnson Jersey . The NFL announced Friday that the Texans sixth-year veteran offensive lineman will replace Philadelphia Eagles tackle Jason Peters in the Jan. Cheap Jay Buhner Jersey .com) - James Harden had 32 points, including a tying layup late in regulation, and the Houston Rockets scored eight of their 13 points in overtime at the foul line to beat the Memphis Grizzlies 117-111 on Friday night.OTTAWA -- The Laval Rouge et Or remained in top spot in the weekly Canadian Interuniversity Sport football rankings for the fifth straight week Tuesday. The reigning Vanier Cup champions received 21 of 30 first-place votes and 290 points from the Football Reporters of Canada panel. Laval (4-0) overcame a five-point halftime deficit in a 16-9 victory over Montreal last weekend. The remaining first-place votes went to the second-ranked Western Mustangs (5-0). Western had 275 points in the latest poll after a 45-24 win over Wilfrid Laurier.dddddddddddd The Queens Gaels (4-0) were third in the rankings, followed by the Montreal Carabins (3-1) and the Calgary Dinos (4-0). In the only changes of the week, the Bishops Gaiters (3-1) moved up two spots to No. 8 while the Manitoba Bisons (2-2) fell two positions to No. 10. The Guelph Gryphons (4-0) held the No. 6 position, the Saskatchewan Huskies (3-1) were No. 7 and the McMaster Marauders (2-3) were at No. 9. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz