Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 89 mal aufgerufen
 Wohnen auf Gran Canaria - Immoblilien/Wohnungen auf Gran Canaria
jokergreen0220 Offline

16.07.2019 05:55
y as he jumped Antworten

TORONTO -- Brian Burke is not concerned about bullying in the Calgary Flames dressing room. John Hannah Patriots Jersey . The teams president of hockey operations has a no-hazing policy -- and always has. The issue of bullying in pro sports locker-rooms has taken centre stage recently after Miami Dolphins offensive linemen Jonathan Martin left the team amid accusations he had been harassed by teammate Richie Incognito. During a keynote address at the PrimeTime Sports Management Conference on Tuesday, Burke was asked whether his team has had to implement any changes as a result of the Dolphins case. "We already have a no-hazing policy," said Burke, who was hired by the Flames in September. "I mean when I was a rookie in the American (Hockey) League, I got shaved, I got initiated and all that stuff. Ive seen that happen to a lot of guys and I thought it was really stupid at the time. So weve never allowed hazing on any of my teams, even when I was an assistant GM back in 87 with Pat Quinn (in Vancouver). "No rookie initiations, no shaving, no physical abuse whatsoever. One of the forms of abuse (elsewhere) is to make the rookies (pay) a huge tab for a rookie dinner, where it costs them 15 to 20 grand. We have a cap of $5,000 on the rookie dinner. No rookie can pay more than $5,000. Theres no physical abuse, no racial abuse, no homophobic abuse. So Im not worried about having that situation on our team." Burke had a brief pro career as a player in the American Hockey League before going to law school. He won a Calder Cup with the Maine Mariners in 1978. "Now I know as a player, if I felt I was getting bullied, I know what Id do -- Id end it right there in the dressing room," Burke said. "Whether I wanted to fight or not, Id fight the guy. Im amazed that this has gotten to where it is without the players dealing with this." Martin, a second-year pro, left the Dolphins two weeks ago. His lawyer has alleged Martin was harassed daily by teammates, including Incognito, who has been suspended. Incognito is white and Martin is biracial. Teammates both black and white have said Incognito is not a racist, and theyve been more supportive of the veteran guard than they have of Martin. Burke said on occasion he would confront teammates if he thought they were being timid during a game. "I have gotten right in their face and cursed at them and said, You better stop worrying about what this (opponent) is going to do to you and you better start worrying about what I might do to you if you dont get going here," he said. "Now is that bullying in the middle of the game when you think a guy is losing courage and youre trying to buck him up? Is that bullying? To me its not." Burke added that players often work things out on their own. "In our (game), Ive had coaches grab me, Ive had teammates grab me and Ive grabbed teammates during games and during practice," he said. "Ive fought teammates in practice that I thought were disrespectful to the coach, I fought them in practice. "I wont apologize for that. Thats not bullying, thats a team sorting things out." Burke, a former player agent, has had a long career as a hockey executive. The 58-year-old native of Providence, R.I., joined the Canucks as director of hockey operations in 1987 and later served as general manager of the team. He also worked as a GM in Toronto, Hartford and Anaheim. Burke has also worked at the NHLs head office and in an executive capacity for USA Hockey. He was GM of the American mens team that won silver at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Burke is director of player personnel for the squad that will play at the 2014 Games in Sochi, Russia. -- With files from The Associated Press Drew Bledsoe Womens Jersey . You can watch the game live on TSN2 and TSN Mobile TV at 9pm et/6pm pt. Jonathan Huberdeau and Quinton Howden are expected to make their debuts for Team Canada. Julian Edelman Patriots Jersey . -- Falcons running back Steven Jackson, who has missed the last four games with a hamstring injury, is expected to practice on Wednesday. http://www.shoptheofficialpatriots.com/Elite-Stephon-Gilmore-Patriots-Jersey/ . The former central defender calmly nodded it down and quietly went about celebrating a win with his staff. For a man who has had a lot on his shoulders this season, it was an appropriate moment.MANCHESTER, England -- Manchester City kept the destiny of the Premier League title in its hands by beating Southampton 4-1 on Saturday, with the visitors defeat further marred by a serious-looking injury to England striker Jay Rodriguez. Yaya Toure set City on its way with a third-minute penalty at Etihad Stadium before Rickie Lambert equalized with a spot kick of his own in the 37th. Samir Nasri and Edin Dzeko both scored in first-half injury time for City. The hosts added an 81st-minute fourth goal through Stevan Jovetic to gain three points that put the team a point behind leader Liverpool, with City having played a game less. Liverpool visits West Ham on Sunday and then hosts City in a crucial game in the title race next weekend. City will clinch a second league title in three years by winning its remaining seven matches. Rodriguezs chances of playing in the World Cup were jeopardized after he was carried off on a stretcher with a knee injury midway through the first half, having landed badly as he jumped to control the ball. He is one of the in-form strikers in the Premier League and is likely to be in England manager Roy Hodgsons plans for Brazil. "We need to analyze how hes doing," Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino said, &quuot;but its not looking good. New England Patriots Jerseys. " Southampton was comfortably second best after the break but had City in some trouble at 1-1 after Lamberts 34th straight successful penalty for the club. The turning point of the match arguably was Citys second goal, which arrived when David Silva received a pass when he was in an offside position before crossing for Nasri to apply a simple finish. "The linesman killed off the game, its clear," Pochettino said. Toure scored Citys opener after Dzeko was adjudged to have been fouled by Jose Fonte, and Dzeko almost doubled the lead when he headed against the bar from Nasris cross. Southamptons penalty came after Jack Cork was carelessly tripped by Pablo Zabaleta as he burst into the box and the visitors impressed until Citys two-goal counter-punch in injury time. Jovetic came on for Silva to add the fourth, tapping home from a cross by Jesus Navas, and there was still time for Toure to strike a shot against the post from the edge of box. "We knew it was going to be a big game and a very difficult one, so we take a lot of positives and confidence out of this game," City captain Vincent Kompany said. "Not many teams will dominate a game against Southampton." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz