Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 100 mal aufgerufen
 Wohnen auf Gran Canaria - Immoblilien/Wohnungen auf Gran Canaria
jokergreen0220 Offline

16.07.2019 05:55
tic_David_Montgo Antworten

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres rotation is living up to expectations. William Perry Youth Jersey . Eric Stults and three relievers combined on a four-hitter and Everth Cabrera hit a go-ahead triple to lead the Padres to a 3-1 victory against the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night. The Padres have the chance to sweep the series on Sunday, a week after taking two of three from the Detroit Tigers. "From the start, us as a starting five, we felt like we could match up with anybody in baseball," Stults said. "We felt pretty good about things." San Diego has won seven of 10, thanks mostly to the rotation. "Right now were in a nice run of starting pitching," manager Bud Black said. "Theres been some solid work by our starters. Starting pitching is so important to a teams success. Theyre doing their part." The Giants lost their third straight game. It was the first time in nine games the Giants werent involved in a one-run decision. Stults (1-2) kept the already struggling Giants off balance and largely off the base paths, allowing one run and three hits in six innings, with two strikeouts and no walks. Michael Morse homered off Stults on a 2-0 pitch leading off the fifth, his third. Other than that, all the Giants got off the lefty were singles by Joaquin Arias and starter Tim Hudson. Stults was backed by some nice defence, including centre fielder Alexi Amaristas diving catch of Hunter Pences blooper for the second out of the first inning. "I was able to keep my pitch count down, and I think it was just getting strike one," Stults said. "Theyre a pretty aggressive team and I had a hunch they would be swinging early. I was able to execute some pitches down in the zone. I was able to stay away from the heart of the plate." Stults had thrown only 85 pitches and wanted to go back out for the seventh inning, but Black chose to send out Nick Vincent, who struck out Buster Posey, Morse and Pablo Sandoval. Joaquin Benoit pitched the ninth for his first save. The Giants have scored only three runs in their last 28 innings. "The only way to get hits is to swing the bat," Morse said. "Right now, I dont think were pressing. I dont think we are trying to do anything out of the ordinary. I just think we hit a rough spot. Our team is too good for us to be stuck in this for too much longer." Still, manager Bruce Bochy is calling off batting practice for Sunday and plans to sit Sandoval, whos hitting only .171. "We have so many good hitters struggling right now," Bochy said. "We didnt create any chances, really. We didnt get many good swings off. Thats what disappointed me tonight. Youd like to get some decent swings." San Diegos Yonder Alonso hit an RBI single in the second. Cabreras triple to right-centre with one out in the fifth scored Amarista, who reached after his bunt single landed between the mound and second base, and advanced on Hudsons error on a pickoff attempt and Stults sacrifice bunt. Cabrera was thrown out trying to score on Will Venables grounder to first. The Padres added on in the eighth when Will Venable doubled to left, advanced on Grandals fly ball and scored on a suicide squeeze bunt by pinch-hitter Chris Denorfia. Hudson (2-1) allowed two runs and eight hits in seven innings, struck out four and walked none. NOTES: Hudson joins Grover Cleveland Alexander (six games in 1923) and Tiny Bonham (four games in 1944) as the only starting pitchers in the last 101 seasons to open a season by throwing four games of at least seven innings while not issuing a walk. ... Hudson has set the franchise record with 30 innings without a walk to open a season. ... Posey and Morse were back in the Giants starting lineup after getting a day off. Both pinch-hit in Friday nights 2-1 loss. .. Padres 3B Chase Headley was back in the starting lineup after missing three games with a strained right biceps. ... Morses homer was just the eighth allowed by the Padres this year, tied with Atlanta for lowest in the majors. ... The series concludes Sunday when San Franciscos Tim Lincecum (0-1, 7.20) is scheduled to face Padres lefty Robbie Erlin (1-1, 3.18). Lincecum no-hit the Padres at Petco Park on July 13. Walter Payton Youth Jersey . With the Pirates in the thick of the race in the NL Central, the timing couldnt be better. Liriano struck out a season-high 11 in seven innings to win consecutive starts for the first time this season and Pittsburgh beat the San Francisco Giants 3-1 on Tuesday night. David Montgomery Womens Jersey . The Detroit Tigers closer blew a three-run lead in the ninth inning Wednesday night against the Dodgers. http://www.bearsfootballpro.com/Authentic_Jim-McMahon_Bears_Jersey/ .com) - P.K. Subbans power-play goal 4:08 into overtime sent the Montreal Canadiens into the All-Star break with a 2-1 win over the Nashville Predators on Tuesday.ST. LOUIS -- Typically, a Sam Bradford rehab update in early June is not a major media event. Blame it on the other Sam on the St. Louis Rams roster. Attention was super-sized Thursday because of rookie defensive end Michael Sam. "I figured thats where you guys would be," Bradford joked after a workout. Sam, the first openly gay player drafted in the NFL, meets with reporters on Friday. The team is hoping the hubbub will die down eventually and Sam will be treated like any other seventh-round pick. "I think the media doesnt give athletes enough credit for just accepting players as they are," said wide receiver T.J. Moe, who was Sams teammate at Missouri. "They just assume its a tough-guy culture, and How are they possibly going to handle it? I think maybe its the other way around. How are the media handling it?" Bradford, the first overall pick in 2010, is more than five months removed from left knee surgery and said everything is on schedule. The quarterback got a scheduled day off to allow for bounce-back time and is expected to practice Friday. "To be honest, throughout the process Ive felt really good and felt better than what Id anticipated," Bradford said. "Even when youre healthy you have good days with your arm and bad days with your arm, and now its kind of the same thing with my knee." During the rehab, Bradford has added upper-body strength and believes he has a "little more pop" on his throws. "Moving around great," coach Jeff Fisher said. "Yeah, he does everything. David Montgomery Bears Jersey. Hes doing all the drops and the footwork is really good." Rumours the Rams might draft Johnny Manziel were easy for Bradford to dismiss. He was kept in the loop by Fisher and general manager Les Snead during the off-season. "They made it very clear what their plan was," Bradford said. "They continue to make that clear." Neither Bradford nor Fisher believe the quarterback has anything extra to prove this season. The Rams drafted protection for Bradford, taking Auburn offensive tackle Greg Robinson with the second overall pick, and held onto guard Rodger Saffold. They added veteran wide receiver Kenny Britt to the mix, too, reuniting him with Fisher. Britt made a couple of nice catches and also was involved in a bit of a scuffle Thursday. "Right now Im actually taking this year as a rookie year and building my platform," Britt said. "Everything starts from scratch." Britt had little to say about a sexually explicit video posted to his Instagram account last month. "Thats something that touches home," he said. "Me and my wife have to deal with that. Were going to leave it at that." Notes: Fisher anticipates offensive tackle Jake Long, also rehabbing from knee surgery, will be ready to participate in the middle of training camp and was "on pace" to start the opener. Long was hurt at the end of the season and his operation was in January, about two months after Bradfords procedure. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz