Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Residenten unter sich - Leben auf Gran Canaria
Bellroll33 Offline

29.07.2019 08:07
the ballclub once again. Lawrie, who retur Antworten

TORONTO – As quickly as Brett Lawrie returned to the Blue Jays lineup, he was lost to the ballclub once again. Lawrie, who returned in time for Tuesday nights important series opener against the Orioles after missing six weeks and 36 games with a fractured right index finger, was lifted from the game after three innings with lower back tightness. The move, the Blue Jays announced in-game, was precautionary. "We dont think its serious," said manager John Gibbons. "He said it felt it tightened up on him a little bit during (batting practice) and then in the game he felt it. Day-to-day." "It was kind of just grabbing at me as I was warming up and going about my day. Something was just grabbing at me a little bit," said Lawrie. "The more I kind of went about my business and what I was trying to do it was like, theres something in there thats bothering me and I better take care of this before it gets serious." Lawrie, who singled on a groundball down the first base line in his only at-bat, will have an MRI on Wednesday. He has a history of core body injuries, specifically his oblique, but he hasnt suffered back injuries. "Thats basically it because it could be a number of different things," said Lawrie. "We basically figured that well go in there and well really see what it is instead of playing the guessing game. You can have a number of people telling you whats going on and whats wrong but until you really get to the bottom of things and you really check things out, thats when youll know." In the meantime, working off the assumption Lawrie wont require another trip to the disabled list, Gibbons would be left with a three-man bench for as long as Lawrie is unavailable. Lawrie was activated from his finger-related stint on the disabled list prior to Tuesdays game and the corresponding roster move was made easy when Steve Tolleson was placed on the paternity list. Tolleson and his wife welcomed a daughter on Tuesday. The paternity list allows for Tolleson to be gone for three days, which means the club will have to adjust the roster again by no later than Friday. Again, working off the assumption Lawrie will not need another trip to the disabled list, there are three prime candidates to be sent to Buffalo when Tolleson is activated. They are Ryan Goins, Munenori Kawasaki and Chad Jenkins. Eliminate Jenkins because the Jays wont whittle down to a six-man bullpen. That leaves the two left-handed hitting infielders from which to choose. It says here the player who should be optioned is Kawasaki. Goins is the better defender and, frankly, has made better contact more consistently since his recall from Triple-A Buffalo on July 22. The Jays will eventually have further decisions to make when Adam Lind, who could begin a minor league rehabilitation assignment in a matter of days and Edwin Encarnacion, whos still a while from being ready, make their returns. Remember that rosters expand on September 1, meaning any player on a teams 40-man roster is eligible to join the big league club for the remainder of the regular season. Whoever is sent down will be recalled no later than that date. Deadline Silence A brief message from manager John Gibbons last Thursday in Houston is the extent to which Blue Jays players have heard anything from anyone in the organization about the inactivity at the trade deadline. "I talked to our guys in our advance, just something brief but I said Hey, weve got a good ballclub. Lets run with it," said manager John Gibbons. "Remember, when new guys come in, it means someone in this room goes. Everyone wants to be part of it." General manager Alex Anthopoulos, whos cut his travel with the big league club considerably this season, surprised some players with his decision not to fly to Houston and address the team. As of Tuesday afternoon, the first time the team had gathered in the home clubhouse in 12 days, nothing had been said to the group by Anthopoulos or anyone higher in the Blue Jays front office. Alen Hanson Jersey .com) - Fair Grounds commences its road to the Kentucky Derby Saturday with the 71st running of the $200,000 Lecomte Stakes. Justin Smoak Jersey . Coach Randy Carlyle didnt know the severity of Bozaks injury. Bozak left the bench and went down the tunnel early in the second period, returned to play a handful of shifts and then did play in the third. http://www.bluejaysonline.com/blue-jays-joe-carter-jersey/ . And thats good news for Canada. Kelly, who plays No. 8 at the back of the scrum, is captain of the Canadian womens team. Paul Molitor Blue Jays Jersey . James Erskine said Tuesday that Thorpe was "quite sick" in a Sydney hospital but dismissed media reports the swimmer might lose the use of his left arm. "Hes not in the intensive care," Erskine said. Freddy Galvis Jersey . The first baseman hit a two-run homer in the top of the ninth inning to lead the Mets to a thrilling come-from-behind 3-2 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers.Winnipeg, MB - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have released running back Kevin Smith, just one day after the team opened training camp. Smith, who joined the Bombers on May 20, spent five years with the Detroit Lions after being selected in the thhird round of the 2008 NFL Draft.dddddddddddd He amassed 2,346 yards and 17 touchdowns on the ground, while adding 123 catches for 1,082 yards with five scores in 54 games. The Bombers also signed offensive lineman Ed Prince. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz