Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Residenten unter sich - Leben auf Gran Canaria
Bellroll33 Offline

07.08.2019 04:31
be like. For a guy raised in the tropical tempera Antworten

It was back in 1991 that Stephen Ames got a taste of what life in Canada would be like. For a guy raised in the tropical temperatures of Trinidad, it was a rude Calgary welcome. "I think the wind chill was minus-55," he said recalling his first Canadian winter spent living in the basement of his mother-in-laws house. "I never left the house." Ames has never really grown fond of winter, but he has certainly fallen in love with Canada. On Wednesday, the country paid him back for that by naming him to the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame. A four-time winner on the PGA Tour including the 2006 Players, Ames is winding down his career on the regular tour and preparing to join the 50-and-over gang on the Champions circuit in April after reaching the magic age of 50. For most of this year, hell split his time between the two tours using his top 50-career money list exemption on the PGA Tour. When asked what he thought the difference between the two tours would be, Ames said it might have to do with what happens off the course. "I think its the 19th hole," he said with a chuckle. "I think its a bit more relaxed after the round." Ames would be a worthy inductee based solely on his playing record, but his contributions to Canadian golf go well beyond that. He has run the Stephen Ames Cup for the past decade, a team event that pits squads from Canada against those from Trinidad. Some of the youngsters who have participated in that event have gone on to earn U.S. college scholarships. And he was instrumental in bringing the Shaw Charity Classic to Calgary, helping line up a team of big rollers in the Western Canadian city to lay the foundation for the Champions Tour event. Ames was also the guy who gave an energetic young teacher named Sean Foley a chance to work with a PGA Tour pro. We all know where thats gone. When asked what the top mark of his career is, Ames didnt hesitate. "Its this," he stated, in reference to his induction. "I think being in the Hall of Fame is the highlight." On the course, Ames said that his Players victory was at the top of his personal list. I can say that in all the golf Ive covered and watched, that is simply the best 18 holes of golf Ive ever witnessed. Ive never seen anyone control his golf ball for every shot as Ames did that day. All he did was beat the best field in golf by six shots. I remember some of the biggest names in the game that day shaking their heads in disbelief at what he was doing to TPC Sawgrass. For some people, Ames is seen as a prickly personality but to those who get to know him, nothing could be further from the truth. Hes a guy with a huge heart who loves to laugh and loves his family. Sometimes when he speaks his mind, it can get him in trouble such as the occasion when he questioned Tiger Woods driving ahead of the 2006 Match Play. While a lot was made of that and the subsequent beating Woods laid on him, what he said wasnt wrong. Woods was hitting it all over the lot with his driver. After he won the Players, some media members took him to task for saying he might skip the Masters to go on a family vacation. They couldnt understand how someone would pass up the years first major, the one thats exceptionally difficult to get into. What many failed to realize was that his wife, Jodi, was recovering from surgery for lung cancer. Suddenly a golf tournament, even the Masters, didnt seem so important. There are also still some who, for small-minded reasons, dont even consider him a Canadian. To me, a guy who leaves his native country to willingly take up citizenship, to give back to the game here, to start businesses here, to create tournaments here and make his home full time in Canada – and even cheer for the Calgary Flames -- is about as Maple Leaf as they come. Ames is more than deserving of a spot in Canadian Golf Hall of Fame, even if hes never learned to love those nasty wind chills. Swell Flaske 500 Ml Prisjakt . You can listen to the game live on TSN Radio 690 in Montreal or on TSN.ca/Montreal. Also, TSN.ca features live streaming of the post-game news conferences from the Bell Centre. The Rangers grabbed a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference Final after Sundays 3-2 overtime victory against the visiting Habs. Swell Traveler Flaske . Never caused problems. Never raised a ruckus. Never got sick or hurt while frolicking in the fields of Claiborne Farm in Paris, Ky. http://www.danmarkswellflaske.com/swell-flaske-marmor-outlet.html . Neither player was available Saturday for the Knicks 107-98 loss in Atlanta. "Were going in a different direction and weve got to figure out another spot or two for our ballclub," coach Mike Woodson said before the game. Swell Flaske Gratis Fragt . The 26-year-old slider from Calgary posted a time of 50.464 seconds, 0.573 seconds back of leader Natalie Geisenberger. The German led the overall World Cup womens standings this season and continued her dominance by putting down a track record time of 49. Swell Flaske Grøn . -- Adrian Peterson remained in a walking boot to treat a high ankle sprain on his left leg on Wednesday, and coach Leslie Frazier said he will not play on Sunday against Atlanta if he cant hit the practice field in the next two days.If Martin St. Louis still looking for a way out of Tampa Bay, the 38-year-old NHL veteran isnt showing his cards. When asked Wednesday about his name surfacing in trade rumours ahead of the Mar. 5 NHL trade deadline, St. Louis told reporters: "Ive had conversations with Steve (Yzerman) about my future with the team and Ill leave it at that." St. Louis has been rumoured to be unhappy in Tampa after being left off the initial 2014 Team Canada Olympic roster by Yzerman - general manager of both the Lightning and Team Canada. St. Louis was later named to the team as Steven Stamkos injury replacement. "Out of respect for my teammates I think thats all Im going to say about that," St. Louis continued. "Im not going to get into answering this question every day." Yzerman also declined to give any details on the speculation. "Im not going to comment on trade rumors in this situation or any situation," he said. "Thats just the way it is." Appearing in five games with Team Canada at the Sochi Gaames, St.dddddddddddd Louis was held pointless in Team Canadas gold medal effort. St. Louis, in the third season of a four-year deal he signed with the Lightning prior to the 2010-2011 season worth an average annual value of $5.625 million, is the Lightnings leader in both goals (25) and points (56) this season. Originally undrafted, St. Louis has fought his way to a long and productive NHL career, scoring 365 goals and 603 assissts in 1,037 career games with the Lightning and Calgary Flames. A six-time NHL All-Star, St. Louis is the reigning Art Ross Trophy-winner for most points in the 2012-13 NHL season. He has twice won the Art Ross, his previous win coming in the 2003-04 season in which he also won the Hart Memorial Trophy and Lester B. Pearson Awards for Most Valuable Player as voted by the Professional Hockey Writers Association and the NHL players, respectively. St. Louis won a Stanley Cup with the Lightning in 2004 and has won the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy as the NHLs Most Gentlemanly Player in three of the past four NHL seasons. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz