Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 47 mal aufgerufen
 Residenten unter sich - Leben auf Gran Canaria
chenyan94 Offline

09.08.2019 05:39
(AP)Rookie receivers Courtland Sutton Antworten

ENGLEWOOD Shane Ray Jersey , Colo. (AP)Rookie receivers Courtland Sutton and DaeSean Hamilton are the Denver Broncos‘ new safety valves, applying the pressure but also relieving the burden on veterans Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders .”Those two guys, they came in like pros, they’re taking care of their business, they’re on time to everything, they’re making plays,” Thomas said Friday. ”So, they’re pushing us. And that’s good for us. We need it. We want to push each other and make each other better.”While Sutton has made a splash at training camp so far with daily highlight-reel catches and Hamilton has drawn his share of applause, Thomas and Sanders are quietly having very good camps themselves.Thomas’ stats have steadily declined every season since his peak in 2014, and his streak of five consecutive 1,000-yard seasons ended last year when he finished 51 yards shy.Sanders dealt with injuries and his two TD catches were his fewest since 2012.Part of the problem in 2017 was that the Broncos had nobody around them – a third receiver, a tight end, a running back – who could really force teams to quit bracketing Thomas and Sanders.That’s no longer the case .In addition to Sutton and Hamilton, the Broncos added rookie running backs Royce Freeman, David Williams and Philip Lindsay (undrafted) along with another Big Ten tight end in Troy Fumagalli to go with Jake Butt, who missed his rookie season last year while recovering from knee surgery.Sutton, Hamilton and Fumagalli are members of general manager John Elway’s already-celebrated draft class of 2018 that featured experience – all 10 players spent four years in school – and leadership – most were captains in college.Safety Justin Simmons said he’s just like all the fans whooping and hollering at practice – he’s energized by and excited about the Broncos’ rookies.”Oh, for sure. Especially Chubb,” Simmons said of first-round pick Bradley Chubb, whose ability to chase down quarterbacks ”makes my job 50 times easier.”Sutton’s making his job harder.”Oh yeah, Sutton’s been great. He’s been out here making plays,” Simmons said. ”He’s just another guy that’s just humble and hungry, coming in here ready to work.”That’s been the theme of this year’s draft class, which also includes cornerback Isaac Yiadom, inside linebackers Keishan Bierria, Josey Jewell (who practiced Friday for the first time after pulling a hamstring in June) and guard Sam Jones.Last season, several veterans took the 2017 draft class, which was filled with raw athleticism and projects, to task for their work ethic, complaining that too many of them came off as entitled.This year’s class drew quick praise from the veterans.”There’s no complaining,” defensive end Derek Wolfe said. ”That’s the one thing that you notice from an immature draft class, is that they complain a lot, whine and cry a lot. There’s none of that coming from this group.”Humble. Hungry.”It’s a mature class,” coach Vance Joseph said. ”It’s been seven or eight guys that have shown they can help us win.”Sutton’s doing it with spectacular plays every day, and Hamilton’s sprinkling in his share, too.”I’ll tell you what, we’ve got some good rookies Justin Hollins Denver Broncos Jersey ,” Sanders said. ”I was just over there with my family and Courtland just runs over to say, `Hey, I’m going to take your helmet.’ And that’s what we need.”Players willing to pay their dues but eager to make their mark.Also turning heads is Chubb, the fifth overall pick in the draft who reminds defensive tackle Domata Peko Sr. of superstar Von Miller .”He’s quick, he’s strong and he can get to the passer. He’s disruptive and he’s willing to learn,” Peko said after getting his first glimpse of the 2018 class. ”He’s always talking to Von and asking, `Hey, what can I do?’ That’s good to see out of a rookie.”Peko also singled out Sutton and Jewell as players he’s thrilled to play alongside.”These guys are going to make a difference for us,” Peko said. ”They’re only going to help our team. I love our new guys.”Notes: Simmons said the league’s new helmet rule was going to be the main topic when players meet with NFL officials visiting the Broncos to go over the new rule changes. … On the sixth day of training camp, QB Case Keenum was finally intercepted, by S Will Parks. ”He’s human,” Joseph said. … The Broncos signed WR Bryce Bobo, a rookie from Colorado, and designated WR Kenny Bell as waived/injured.— The Devins are gone. Now what?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Broncos NewsBroncos 2019 Draft ClassBroncos PodcastsBroncos 2019 ScheduleKey Offseason DatesCommunity RulesFull ArchiveBroncos StoriesScheduleRosterStatsOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Denver Broncos 2019 Draft3 & Out: What do the Broncos do at linebacker? New,38commentsThe Devins are gone. Now what? 3 & Out: What do the Broncos do at linebacker? Elway passed on Bush. It’s a long fall to LB3. Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY SportsOne of the unsung aspects of Elway’s trade with the Pittsburgh Steelers is the fact that the Denver Broncos had an opportunity to take the consensus second best linebacker in this Draft Class and passed. Where do they go from here? 1st & 10: Who is the top linebacker you still have on your board?Joe: I got Blake Cashman as LB3, with Mack Wilson from Alabama close behind. Both give the second level range and could start early on. I think Cashman is a trash collector and is quick to diagnose which is what separated him for me. Wilson is coming out a year early, I think. If he had stayed with the Tide another year he could have been a first rounder. As it is, he declined down the stretch last year and needs to get better at fighting through blocks.Hart: When the Broncos opted to move down from the tenth selection, they did that knowing it may be a while before they even select a linebacker. Why? Because the drop off in talent from Devin White and Devin Bush is incredibly steep.Hawaii’s Jahlani Tavai is my highest-rated overall linebacker on the board at #62 overall. I love his versatility and the fact he played all over their defense but he is still recovering from a shoulder injury that ended his season. It also made him miss most of the draft workout process. I believe he is an ascending player with the tools to be a formidable force as a pro and would be fine with the Broncos selecting him somewhere in the second round based on need, though it would be a reach at either of the two selections they currently have in the round.2nd & 6: Do you think Elway will use one of his second round selections on a linebacker? Hart: Only if they believe that a linebacker is the best player available at their selection and I’m not so sure they do. With those two picks, they can’t afford to reach on a player. Too much value is available on the board in my eyes. They are in prime position to get a highly-coveted talent at multiple positions outside of linebacker. Considering Fangio’s track record of finding guys later on who can contribute, I am operating under the assumption they will wait until the third round or later to address that need.Joe: I sure hope not. I had Cashman as one of my favorite players for 71, but with the way the 1st round went 41 will be a gold mine if Denver’s stays there. 52 could be too. Moves like L.J. Collier, Daniel Jones, Tytus Howard, and Dexter Lawrence going so high pushes some serious talent down the board. I do think Cashman could be a day 1 starter over Josey Jewell in the Fangio D. He may be the last backer I can confidently speak for there. I think Wilson will need to adjust to the physicality of the NFL game, though he’s more adept in space. 3rd and 3: Would it shock you if the Broncos don’t wind up with a new starting linebacker from this class?Joe: It wouldn’t. I know Broncos Country has believed it to be a pressing need for months now and even I would like a better coverage player next to Todd Davis. I just also think that the Fangio scheme will help hide the backers limitations some. Denver won’t be running so much man coverage anymore, and will instead move to more Cover 3 and Cover 4 with some match zones on the perimeter that do look like man. Inside it will be a lot more spot drops and that should help hide Davis and Jewell’s sub-par speed. Both are heady players that do a great job anticipating, they just can’t keep up at times.Hart: I’d honestly be shocked if they didn’t address the position. That being said, I don’t think there are many linebackers left on the board who are plug-and-play starters. I think Tavai and say someone like Germaine Pratt will take at least a year to learn the ropes before they are ready to be starters at a high level. Too much from the mental side (diagnosing plays, learning the defense, etc.) has to be done before that can happen.4th and 1: Do you have any sleeper backers you think the Broncos could grab?Hart: Tyrel Dodson out of Texas A&M and Sione Takitaki from Brigham Young are names to keep your eye on. I think both will find homes early on the draft’s third day and have the potential to be starters at the next level. I also believe Bobby Okereke from Stanford would fit Fangio’s defense.Joe: Ben Burr-Kirven. If Denver is specifically looking for a role player to help in nickel personnel there’s noone left in the draft that is better. He may always be locked into such a role because he’s undersized, but could surprise. He’s slippery off of blocks, fast as a water bug and always around the ball. I have him as a 4th round talent on my adjusted board but he’ll probably slide into round 5 or later. I also like Bobby Okereke as a developmental prospect, though he’s not the same kind of second nature chaos player Burr-Kirven is.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz