Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 Fotos Gran Canaria - Urlaubsbilder aus Gran Canaria
panxing18 Offline

09.08.2019 08:07
The holidays are almost her Antworten

e! With that in mind Alec Ogletree Color Rush Jersey , let’s open one last Big Blue View mailbag and see what New York Giants fans have on their minds.Hank Gardstein asks: My question is: how do we SUPPOSEDLY know the #17 is not the guy of the future? Surely not the 1 appearance in garbage time and surely not preseason games. Has he shown nothing in practice? The team has so many needs, it seems that we should be damn sure that this kid is not the answer to Q-back, rather than wasting picks and deals on someone who might not be any better. Let’s play him and find out.Ed says: Hank, let’s start with this. I know fans get all uppity because they haven’t seen Kyle Lauletta, expect for one really awful quarter of play. I know fans are still annoyed because Davis Webb never played. Thing is, the decision isn’t up to the fan base and whether or not the fans get to see more of Lauletta isn’t important. Not even a little bit.What is important is what the Giants’ decision-makers — Pat Shurmur, Dave Gettleman and even co-owner John Mara — think of Lauletta. They see him in practice every day. They see him in meetings every day. They see him in the locker room every day. They know his ability level, his readiness to play, his personality, his work ethic. All of that matters, and it’s different than last year with Webb. Shurmur and Gettleman will be back next season and they know what they have — or don’t have — in Lauletta.If you are actually paying attention to what Shurmur has been saying, he has been telling us that he doesn’t think Lauletta is ready to play winning football at the NFL level yet. He may be after a full NFL offseason, but he’s a fourth-round pick out of an FCS school. He’s not a first-round pick from a Power 5 school. The Giants NOT going out of the way to play him should be telling you something.David Gray asks: While watching the Saints/Panthers game, I was thinking that Drew Brees is clearly a better quarterback (than Eli Manning) and a Hall of Famer; a record-setting quarterback who has his team competing for a playoff spot every year.But I was wondering who would I rather have at quarterback if Brees never wins another championship: the surefire record-setting Hall of Famer who would bring only one championship or a solid quarterback who would bring two championships?Ed says: Well, David you didn’t really ask me a question there. You kind of asked yourself one. I’m going to give you my answer, anyway.Everybody who has followed Big Blue View for a while knows I have always believed in Eli, and always thought he got more heat for the Giants’ failings than he has deserved. If you think for a second, though, that Manning is or has been close to the quarterback Brees has been throughout his career I’m not sure what you’ve been watching. I’m taking Brees all day Jonathan Stewart Color Rush Jersey , every day.Ed says: Player value in NFL trades is something fans always have a hard time understanding. Why could the Giants only get a fifth-round pick for Damon Harrison? Age and contract are the answers. A fourth-round pick for Eli Apple? The baggage from 2017 and the reality that he was very inconsistent for the Giants are the answers. All things considered, GM Dave Gettleman did well to get a third-round pick for Jason Pierre-Paul last offseason.Point is, there are a lot more deals where the return seems under-whelming than deals like the Amari Cooper one where a team gets a first-round pick in exchange for the player.I think Gettleman will float Olivier Vernon, Janoris Jenkins and maybe a couple of other veteran players in trade discussions and see what the return might be. They might even float Evan Engram’s name, but I doubt they would move him. Nor do I think they should. I think the Giants would love to recoup the third-round pick they forfeited by taking cornerback Sam Beal in the supplemental draft. I’m just not sure they can get that kind of return for anyone they might be willing to move.Ed says: First, you always consider trading players for more picks. Thing is, the Giants already have nine picks and could get two more compensatory picks if Over The Cap’s projection proves accurate. That’s 11 picks. Sorry, but 11 drafted rookies aren’t making the roster next season. With that many picks, it might be more likely the Giants would use some of them to target specific players and move around the board to get a couple of them.As for what the Giants should target, if you watch games you know the areas of need — offensive line, all across the defense, quarterback of the future. This draft has a a couple of offensive tackles who will probably be Day 1 picks, but not a lot. The quarterback class is considered “meh” by most evaluators. Defensively, though, this draft is considered to be flush with talent. So, follow the talent and stock up on defense. Find an offensive tackle to compete on the right side somewhere in the first two days of the draft. Don’t force a quarterback pick, but if a guy you really love is their and you believe he can be your guy, make the move.Ed says: Kevin, quite honestly I don’t know. I had never heard of Bo Levi Mitchell until his name was mentioned to me a couple of weeks ago Ray-Ray Armstrong Color Rush Jersey , and I have never seen him play. I know that Mitchell has NFL teams intrigued and that he is working out for several of them. Sounds like teams think he might be a capable backup option. I would have to believe he is in the NFL somewhere next season. INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Andrew Luck has a one-track mind.With two regular-season games left, the Indianapolis Colts quarterback insists he’s paying no attention to playoff possibilities, scoreboards or other teams’ schedules. Instead, he’s focused on the only thing he considers important this weekend — beating the New York Giants on Sunday.“I’ve been a part of teams where you sit and say, ‘We need this to happen with this.’ It doesn’t work like that,” Luck said. “You’ve got to handle your own business.”Article continues below ...Few teams can match what the Colts (8-6) have done lately. They’ve rebounded from a 1-5 start to win seven of eight and put themselves back in the postseason hunt. After losing their first two home games, they’ve won five straight at Lucas Oil Stadium, and if they can beat the Giants (5-9), they could control their own playoff path.Coach Frank Reich doesn’t do business that way, though.The former NFL quarterback simply asks his players to do their jobs: keep two-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning and Offensive Rookie of the Year contender Saquon Barkley in check; prepare for the possible return of Pro Bowl receiver Odell Beckham Jr.; and expose the holes in New York’s defense.New York, meanwhile, hopes it can continue a strong second half after starting 1-7. While winning two of three and four six, the Giants already have knocked off NFC North champion Chicago and playoff hopeful Washington. They will be playing spoiler at Indianapolis.“You’re chasing wins,” Manning said. “We’re football players and this is what we do. We play football, that’s our passion, that’s our job, and we’re going to go out there and do it well and be able to celebrate some wins.”It won’t be easy.Indy pitched its first shutout in four years while rushing for 178 yards against Dallas’ No. 3-ranked run defense last week. Luck is playing the best football of his career and the defense looks as stout as it has in almost a decade.The combination has made Indy a trendy pick as the team nobody wants to play, and if the Colts can win their last two, they could end a three-year playoff absence. But the Colts know they must stick to the plan.“I am just very convinced there is no other way to approach it https://www.giantsfanshop.com ,” Reich said. “I have been around a lot of good coaches, a lot of good players (and) that is just what I have come to believe, experience and learn. There can’t be any wavering from that (focal point).”SACK HAPPYIt’s been feast or famine when it comes to sacks for the Giants. They had 14 in the first 11 games, and then picked up five each in the next two weeks against Chicago and Washington.The added pressure resulted in four interceptions, including touchdown returns by linebacker Alec Ogletree against the Bears and Curtis Riley against the Redskins. Things got back to the norm in last week’s shutout loss to Tennessee when New York had one sack and no interceptions.Facing the Colts might not help. Indy has allowed just 16 sacks this season, tied for fewest in the league.TACKLE WATCHRookie linebacker Darius Leonard acknowledged he was “heartbroken” not to make the AFC’s Pro Bowl team this week despite leading the league with 146 tackles.And he hopes to take out his frustration on the Giants this weekend. Leonard says his weekly goal is to get 25 tackles, though he’s upped the ante this week by saying he’s hoping to finish with 40. If he hits either mark, Leonard will break Jeff Herrod’s 27-year-old franchise record for tackles in one season.Leonard needs 15 tackles to move past Herrod (160).BARKLEY REBOUNDSPro Bowl running back Barkley was held to 31 yards on 14 carries in the loss to the Titans, his second-lowest total this season. The rookie ran for just 28 yards against Dallas in Week 2.The second pick overall in the draft also had 56 yards from scrimmage last week, marking the second time in 14 games he’s been held below 100.Despite the bad game, Barkley is third in the league in rushing with 1,155 yards and he is not looking for a break even though the Giants have been eliminated from playoff contention.“I would love my workload to be whatever it can be to help the team win,” Barkley said. “I’ve said multiple times, if that’s 10 carries or if that’s 40 touches. I bumped it up to 40 this time.”THE COMEBACK KIDLuck’s comeback season has been better than expected.His completion percentage (67.3) is at a career high and he’s six completions away from a career best in that category, too.What else? Luck heads into the final two games needing 810 yards and seven TD passes to break his previous career highs.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz