Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Residenten unter sich - Leben auf Gran Canaria
Bellroll33 Offline

13.08.2019 05:51
AHL last season in a starters role with Prov Antworten

TORONTO - "Hey, whats it like to be PK Subbans brother?" For Malcolm Subban, a first round pick of the Boston Bruins in 2012, you wouldnt blame him if hed had just about enough of that question by now. But he doesnt seem to mind. "Im not sick of it but people are curious so theyre going to ask questions," Malcolm Subban said after day three at BioSteel Camp in Toronto. "Ive definitely heard it a few times." But Malcolm is quick to play down its significance. Its not a big deal to him. Hes just older brother PK. "Honestly, its whatever you want to make of it," Malcolm explained. "Hes just my brother so its not really different than having any other big brother to me." Malcolm understands its part of having a famous older sibling. But unlike some siblings, Malcolm is in a position to make a name of his own in the same field as his brother. Could the day soon be coming where PK gets asked, "Whats it like to be Malcolms brother?" "Yeah hopefully that happens sometime," laughed Malcolm, "but right now, its probably the other way around for a little bit but well see." Coming off an excellent debut season in the American Hockey League with the Providence Bruins, posting a 15-10-5 record with a goals against average of 2.31 and a .920 save percentage in 33 games, Subban is hoping to make the jump to the NHL sooner than later. "I feel like Im getting a lot closer," he said. "I feel like Im pretty close right now. Im really confident with how my season went last year." Niklas Svedberg figures to have the inside track on taking over the Boston Bruins backup role behind Tuukka Rask which became empty after Chad Johnson departed as a free agent. Svedberg, too, was solid in the AHL last season in a starters role with Providence and turned in an excellent effort in his lone NHL game to date, a 33-save performance in a Bruins 3-2 overtime win on January 2 against the Nashville Predators. Malcolm admitted he understands what the depth chart says but still intends on making it a tough decision for the Bruins come training camp in September. "I can only control what I can control and thats play well," Subban said. "If I dont play well, it makes the decision a lot easier." If he does end up returning to Providence for his second professional season, it will be in the starters role: the next step on the path to the NHL after a strong showing as the backup. "Yeah obviously Im pretty happy with how I did (last season)," Subban explained. "This year, its a lot different being a back up to being in a starting role so thats what Im looking forward to right now." Subban has, so far, proven himself to be a goaltender capable of taking jumps to the next level with ease. In his three full seasons in the Ontario Hockey League with the Belleville Bulls, his numbers improved each year. He didnt miss a beat in his first professional season last year, something he credits to his work in summer skates with players who have already reached the NHL level. "Going into the AHL, skating with pro guys during the summer helped a lot," Subban said. "The speed of the game in the AHL was a lot faster because guys arent going 100 per cent in the summer but definitely getting familiar with the quality of releases (of shots) helped me a lot." When he does make the jump to the NHL, whether it is this coming season in spot duty or a couple of years down the road, the chance to go head to head against his brother PK multiple times during the season with the Bruins and the Montreal Canadiens both in the Atlantic Division is something Malcolm has let himself dream about. "Its pretty cool," said the Bruins prospect. "Ive obviously thought about it since I got drafted by Boston. Hopefully we get to experience that sometime." When that time comes, Malcolm figures he already has the edge on his brother. "I know hes probably going to go high glove, I just have to keep that in mind," Subban laughed. "High glove or five hole, I dont see him going anywhere else." Air Max 270 Blanche Homme .J. - Percy Harvin is ready to go, and theres no question in his mind hell be playing Sunday. Vapormax Plus Pas Cher Femme . The team announced the moves before Sundays game against Houston. Shaw was 1-4 with a 4.26 ERA in 43 games for the Diamondbacks. Bergesen was claimed off waivers from Baltimore on Friday. http://www.airmax270flyknit.fr/air-max-270-blanche/air-max-270-blanche-femme.html . 22. Wade averaged 26.3 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 2.0 steals while leading the Heat to a 3-0 record. The 31-year-old shot 60 percent from the field and 50 percent from 3-point range en route to his 17th weekly honor. Air Max 270 Flyknit Femme . TSN Hockey Insiders Pierre LeBrun and Bob McKenzie both reported Thursday that there have been ongoing trade discussions between the Oilers and Los Angeles Kings over forward Sam Gagner. Air Max 97/1 Wotherspoon Pas Cher . - The Jacksonville Jaguars are leaning more toward playing injured quarterback Blake Bortles against Tennessee on Thursday night.MONTREAL -- Tomas Plekanecs second-period goal, and a strong performance by Carey Price, gave the Montreal Canadiens a 3-1 victory over the visiting Ottawa Senators on Thursday night in NHL pre-season action. Alex Galchenyuk and Max Pacioretty also scored for the Habs (3-3-1), while Price made 29 saves. Cory Conacher was the lone goal scorer for Ottawa (4-2-0). Craig Anderson stopped 22 shots. The Senators outshot Montreal 30-25. This was Montreals second game in as many against the Senators. Ottawa beat Montreal 5-2 on Wednesday. The Senators, who have played three games in as many nights, fielded a much younger - and less-experienced - team on Thursday. Veterans Jason Spezza, Chris Neil, and Erik Karlsson were all healthy scratches. Ottawa got on the scoreboard first when Conacher tapped a loose puck into the net at 5:09 of the first. Price stopped the initial Chris Wideman shot from the blue line, but neither he nor Andrei Markov could clear the puck.ddddddddddddThe goal was Conachers third of the pre-season. Galchenyuk tied the score late in the first, completing a nice tic-tac-toe play between him, Lars Eller, and Daniel Briere. Plekanec gave the Canadiens the lead, and the eventual win, at 18:06 of the second period, firing a shot in the roof of the net from the face-off circle to Andersons right. Max Pacioretty doubled the Canadiens lead mid-way through the final frame. Earlier in the day, the Canadiens announced that eight players had been assigned to the Hamilton Bulldogs, the Habs AHL affiliate, including forward Christian Thomas and defender Greg Pateryn. The Canadiens open the regular season at home against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday, Oct. 1. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz