Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Residenten unter sich - Leben auf Gran Canaria
Bellroll33 Offline

15.08.2019 08:29
Eberle scored in overtime as the Oilers continued Antworten

EDMONTON -- Edmonton Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins wasnt concerned with how his team won on Tuesday, simply that they did. Jordan Eberle scored in overtime as the Oilers continued to try to drag themselves back from a tough start to the season with a 5-4 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday. The Oilers had led 4-1 at one point, but allowed the Hurricanes back into the game. Carolinas Justin Faulk took a penalty early in the overtime session for a hit from behind on Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. The Oilers forward was able to remain on the ice and set up the winner, sending a pass to Eberle at the side of the net to put the game away 1:48 into OT. "Id love to have a win every night. I dont care how we get them," Eakins said. "It was two points. Would we have like to have ended that game 4-1? Absolutely. But the important thing is there is two points in the bank." Eberle said it was a good feeling to come away with the victory, especially after almost letting it slip away. "It was a relief to get the win," he said. "We played extremely well in the first and for a little bit in the second and then completely took our foot off the gas. I dont know what it was, but we just started turning pucks over and losing battles and playing bad defensively. Its frustrating when that happens, but we found a way to win and thats the biggest thing." Taylor Hall, Nail Yakupov, Nugent-Hopkins and Jesse Joensuu also scored for the Oilers (11-18-3) who have gone 7-3-1 in their last 11 games. Edmonton also improved its troubling home record to 7-9-2 with a 2-1-1 record through the first four games of a five-game homestand. "We are working hard to get out of the hole we created for ourselves and it seems we are on a bit of a run now," Hall said. "Now it is time to get two in a row, something we havent been able to do for a while." Tuomo Ruutu, Jordan Staal, Eric Staal and Jeff Skinner replied for the Hurricanes (13-13-6), who have lost two in a row on the heels of a three-game winning streak. "Were a pretty resilient team," said Carolina head coach Kirk Muller. "We have to look at the positives, we got a point. We got out-played in the first, and came back in the second. We had a really good second and third. We got a really big point and possibly could have had two." The Oilers were buzzing to start the game and got on the board just 1:33 into the first period. Hall had a clear lane to the net and seemed to catch Carolina goalie Cam Ward napping with a quick shot that beat him glove-side. It was Halls 12th goal of the season and fifth in the last three games. The Hurricanes tied the game just over six minutes into the opening frame on a power-play goal. Ruutu was able to tip a Skinner shot on net and then get his own rebound after Edmonton defender Nick Schultz failed to clear the puck in front and put it past Oilers starter Devan Dubnyk. Edmonton vaulted back in front with nine minutes remaining in the first period as Yakupov took a pass from Hall and sent a blast from the slot that went through the legs of both defenceman Ron Hainsey and Ward. It was just the fourth goal of the season for the 2012 first-overall draft pick. Yakupov was looking for another with three minutes left with another bullet from in tight, but the puck went off the post. Edmonton kept coming and made it 3-1 with 1:46 remaining in the first period as Nugent-Hopkins was able to beat Ward with a shot up high while sliding in towards the net on his knees. Edmonton out-shot the Hurricanes 14-6 in the opening 20 minutes. The Oilers added to their lead less than two minutes into the second period as Mark Arcobello worked hard to get a backhand away off his knees from behind the net to set up Joensuu for a quick shot on the doorstep and a 4-1 Edmonton advantage. Carolina started to push its way back into the game and was finally rewarded for it midway through the second. After sustained pressure in the Edmonton zone, a puck came loose to Jordan Staal in front of the net and he buried his seventh of the season through Dubnyks legs. The Hurricanes made it a 4-3 game eight minutes into the third period, as Eric Staal was able to pick off a poor Eberle pass and streak down the ice on a short-handed breakaway. Staal faked a slapshot and got Dubnyk to commit and go down before calmly putting the puck into the empty net behind him. Shortly after, Carolinas Riley Nash was tossed from the game and given a major penalty for a hit from behind on Edmontons Corey Potter. But it was a wasted opportunity for the Oilers, who barely registered a shot. "We definitely lost some momentum there and they gained some," Nugent-Hopkins said. "We cant let that happen. When you get a five-minute power play, you have to get at least one goal. That wasnt our best job. But it is a big win for us and we have to build off this now." The lack of offence proved costly as the Hurricanes tied the game with just over five minutes remaining in the third after Edmonton failed to clear the zone in a sloppy sequence. Skinner was able to take a no-look turnaround shot from the point that somehow got past Dubnyk for his 10th goal of the year to make it 4-4 and eventually send the game to extra time. Both teams return to the ice on Thursday as the Hurricanes play the third game of a four-game trip in Calgary against the Flames, while the Oilers wrap up a five-game homestand against the Boston Bruins. Notes: It was the first of two meetings this season between the Oilers and Hurricanes, who havent played a game against each other since December, 2011. It was only the 19th regular season meeting ever between the two teams, who met in the 2006 Stanley Cup final. Their next game will be on March 16 in Carolina. ... The game featured the NHLs top two stars from the past week. Skinner was the leagues first star after scoring five goals and adding an assist. Hall was the second star with four goals and two assists. Bill Russell Celtics Jersey . Nine years later, he might have finally figured it out. He had only five rounds in the 60s in his previous eight trips. Robert Williams Jersey . - Loosening up for their first training camp practice, the Miami Dolphins high-stepped sideways up and down the field while House of Pains song "Jump Around" blared on the loudspeakers. http://www.authenticcelticsproshop.com/Jayson-Tatum-Jersey/ .J. Fair didnt have many chances to be the main option for Syracuse last season. Marcus Smart Celtics Jersey . Pominville scored in all three of Minnesotas games last week to help the Wild (8-4-3, 19 points) earn four out of a possible six points. His best performance was in a 4-3 win over Montreal on Friday, where he posted a season-high three points (two goals, one assist), including the game-winning goal. Jaylen Brown Celtics Jersey .com) - Nate Buss 3-pointer with 5.CALGARY - Mason Raymond will have to adjust on the fly to his new team.Limited to a pair of pre-season games with the Calgary Flames because of a lower-body injury, Raymond says the first few games of the NHL season will be a lesson in adaptation.Would I have liked a few more pre-season games? Sure, Raymond said. Coming to a new team, theres new things to learn, theres new systems, new everything kind of walk of life. I try to pick that up as much as I can, but in saying that I think actually being on the ice and in those situations is the best way, quickest way to learn those.Part of being a professional is being able to adapt. Ive been a pro in this long enough. You have to learn, you have to adapt, thats just part of the way it is.The Flames signed Raymond to a three-year, $9.5-million deal when unrestricted free agency opened July 1. Mike Cammalleri, Calgarys leading scorer last season, departed for the New Jersey Devils the same day.Looking to fill the void on offence, the Flames came to terms with Raymond, who is from Cochrane, Alta., just northwest of Calgary. The six-foot, 185-pound left-winger had 19 goals and 26 assists and played all 82 games for the Toronto Maple Leafs in 2013-14.What was a bounce-back season with the Leafs made Raymond attractive to the Flames. Hed gone to Torontos training camp without a contract and earned a one-year deal.Raymond spent his first six NHL seasons with the Vancouver Canucks and posted a career-high 25 goals and 28 assists in 2009-10. He suffered a broken vertebra in Game 6 of the 2011 Stanley Cup final against the Boston Bruins.The long recovery from the injury hampered his output in subsequent seasons. The Canucks did not re-sign him in 2013. No other teams showed interest until the Leafs took a flyer on him and invited him to training camp.Truth be told, I couldnt get a contract, so I was there on a tryout, Raymond said. Im grateful for the opportunity that Toronto gave me and to be able to succeed.Its satisfying for me coming off a good season, playing well and proving you still deserve to play in this league. I think I proved it to myself, first and foremost, but proved to others I deserve to be here.Goal scoring is a question mark for the Flames to start this 2014-15 season and predicted to be by committee. Raymond, 29, is expected to be a significant producer on that committee.The reason why we went to get Masoon is that we had two priorities .dddddddddddd . . to get us bigger and to get us faster, Flames head coach Bob Hartley said during training camp. Mason fits in in the second category. Hes been through battles. When youre stuck in a corner and feel like none of the 30 teams want you anymore, youre facing adversity. He did this with flying colours. Last year he had a great season in Toronto and now hes with us.He wanted to be a Flame so its my job, its all our job and his job to make sure we come up with a plan that will make him feel good and make him feel hes going to be a big contributor for us.Raymond relishes the idea of increased responsibility on a re-building hockey team.The work ethic thats been going on here, its something very intriguing for any player to come into, he said.You want to contribute wherever you can for sure. Ultimately, you want to be a part of the solution. I love playing in the O-zone and producing. In saying that you have to be responsible at both ends of the ice.Its easy to romanticize a local hockey product playing for the hometown NHL team. Raymond did go to Flames games as a youngster and recalls once meeting Lanny McDonald, who was captain of the Flames in 1989 when they won the Stanley Cup.Raymond says its cool to play for the Flames and having immediate family close by was attractive for him, his wife and young son.But he hasnt spent his career plotting a return to southern Alberta. Raymonds interests and those of the Flames happened to align to bring it about. The hometown thing for me, its kind of there, but its not there, Raymond said. Family come visit you in every city. Because Im here, is there more? Not necessarily. They know that youre here, this is my job, this is my business and to be quite honest, I was gone from here for 10 years. Did I know I was going to be a Calgary Flame five days before free agency? No, not really. The process is interesting and how it works and theres that grace period where you can start to speak with teams and the Flames showed interest.Returning to an NHL market in western Canada was high on his wish list as a free agent. That was also a box the Flames were also able to check off.For me, Ive been fortunate enough to play in Canadian markets and to be honest, I really wouldnt want it any other way, Raymond said. Fans are passionate. They pay close attention to their teams. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz