Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Forumhandhabung, Forumregeln, News, Anmeldeprobleme usw.
jokergreen0220 Offline

15.08.2019 10:46
DALLAS -- Somebody had to win the matchup between struggling teams, and the Dallas Stars got the best of the Ottawa Senators. [u Antworten

DALLAS -- Somebody had to win the matchup between struggling teams, and the Dallas Stars got the best of the Ottawa Senators. Michael Thomas Womens Jersey . Trevor Daley and Jamie Benn scored third-period goals to help the Stars beat the Ottawa Senators 3-1 on Saturday. The Stars snapped a four-game losing streak (0-3-1) and sent the Senators to their sixth consecutive defeat (0-5-1), tying Ottawas longest skid this season. "Theyve answered almost every call this year," Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. "From the (six-game losing streak) in January to this little bit of a tough stretch. Weve just got to stay with it." Jordie Benn had two assists for the Stars. Cody Eakin had tied the game with a second-period goal. "This is just playoff hockey now the rest of the way," Ruff said. "Youre going to have to have the ability to come back. Youre going to need some big saves at crucial times." Kari Lehtonen did that after Erik Karlsson netted Ottawas goal just 3:27 into the game. Lehtonen made 26 saves in his second game since returning from a head injury sustained on March 11 in Dallas previous victory. The most important stop came after Eakins tying goal at 15:07 of the second. Ottawas Erik Condra took a shot from in front that Lehtonen stopped, but he and Condra ended up in the net. The play was ruled no goal. "I was able to make the save," Lehtonen said. "The puck was in front of my pads. He got pushed from behind, and he pushed me into the net. "It could have gone the other way too. It was good to see (the referee) was on top of the play, so I wasnt too worried about it." Lehtonen lost at Philadelphia on Thursday. "I felt good in Philadelphia. The result wasnt very good," Lehtonen said. "(Saturday) I got a couple of good bounces and a couple of posts, and the end result was good." Senators coach Paul MacLean said that teams create their own good fortune. "If you dont feel you have any puck luck, then youre not working hard enough on a day-to-day basis," he said. "You shouldnt expect a break or something to go your way unless youre out there doing the work." Daleys goal, following a brief power play, came after Senators goalie Robin Lehner stopped Colton Sceviours shot. Dallas Ray Whitney retrieved the puck and passed it to Daley. Eakin also scored off a rebound. "It feels like its been a long time (10 games) for me," Eakin said. "It was nice to chip in and relieve that top line. We get momentum when we play four lines and everybody is creating opportunities and putting pucks on the net." Jamie Benn, part of that top line, reached 30 goals for the first time in his five NHL seasons. He took a pass from Tyler Seguin at the top of the left circle and fired a shot into the upper left corner of the net. Lehner made 39 saves against Dallas, which had a 42-27 shots advantage. The Senators goalie had allowed 19 goals in losing the previous four games. "I thought he came back, and I think thats really a good part of the learning experience for him after things didnt go his way," MacLean said. "I thought he came out and he really battled." Dallas outshot Ottawa 17-7 in the first period, but the Senators scored the only goal. Colin Greening made a pass from the top of the right circle to the high slot to Karlsson, who fired a shot past Lehtonen at 3:27. "We got the lead, but couldnt really follow through until the end there, and they had a couple of nice goals to finish it off," Karlsson said. "Unfortunately, just couldnt put the puck in the net." Dallas failed to score on three power plays in the second but the Stars broke through during 4-on-4 play with 4:53 left in the period. Lehner stopped Valeri Nichushkins attempt as he skated across the crease, but Eakin poked the rebound out from under the goalie to tie it. NOTES: C Shawn Horcoff returned for Dallas after missing four games because of a broken finger. LW Erik Coles streak of 269 consecutive games played ended because of an upper-body injury. He is day to day. ... Despite their recent struggles, the Stars are 6-1-1 in their last eight home games. They are 5-1 in games in which defenceman Daley has scored. ... Seguin extended his point streak to eight games (six goals, nine assists). ... Ottawa defenceman Karlsson has points in six consecutive games (two goals, six assists). ... In the teams previous four games, they allowed 39 goals and 262 shots combined. Willie Roaf Saints Jersey . Rudy Gay made the tying basket in regulation and a 3-pointer in overtime that gave Sacramento the lead for good, and Fredette scored a career-high 24 points to help the Kings beat the Knicks 106-101 on Wednesday night. Bobby Hebert Womens Jersey . None of them are Finlands Pekka Rinne, who stands as Canadas biggest challenge in Thursdays quarter-final round. Even while a young Finnish team has struggled with penalties, turnovers and a lack of offensive depth, Rinne has been a rock with a 1. http://www.authenticsaintssportsonline.com/saints-wil-lutz-gold-jersey/ .com) - NFL owners have unanimously approved the sale of the Buffalo Bills.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Max Scherzer is getting as good at deflecting attention from his accomplishments as he is at shutting down opposing hitters. The Detroit right-hander became the first pitcher to win 12 consecutive decisions to begin a season in 27 years on Friday night, riding a pair of home runs by Miguel Cabrera and a mammoth shot by Prince Fielder to beat the Tampa Bay Rays 6-3 and take over the major league lead in victories. "Its really nice to be 12-0," said Scherzer, who allowed three runs, four hits, walked one and struck out nine in seven innings to become the first pitcher in Tigers history to win his first 12 decisions. "Im pitching well, but the reason Im 12-0 is because of my offence," he added. "You got to see firsthand today the best player in the game hitting two home runs on three pitches and going 4 for 4. And Prince hits a bomb. Its the offence that set me up." Scherzer became the first in the majors to begin a season with at least 12 straight victories since Roger Clemens did it on the way to starting 14-0 with the Boston Red Sox in 1986. Hes 2-0 with a 2.57 ERA and 18 strikeouts in two wins over Tampa Bay this season. "Hes just good. Hes got a little of that whiffle ball look from the side, where the ball is jumping all over the place," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "Then he gets the velocity when he wants it. Theres a reason why hes 12-0. Hes very good." It helps to have Cabrera in the middle of the lineup. The 2012 AL MVP went 4 for 4 and drove in three runs, boosting his major league-leading batting average to .377 with 24 homers and 81 RBIs, also tops in the big leagues. He hit a two-run homer in the first inning off Alex Colome (1-1) to extend his hitting streak to a season-best 13 games, then added a solo shot off the rookie for a 3-0 lead in the fourth. Cabrera also singled in the sixth, giving him three of Detroits four hits off Colome. Fielder doubled in the fourth, tagged up and hustled to third base on Victor Martinezs fly ball to right and eventually scored on a wild pitch to make it 4-0 before the Rays gradually climbed back into the game. Ben Zobrist and Wil Myers hit solo homers for Tampa Bay. Luke Scotts RBI double trimmed Scherzers lead to 4-3 in the seventh. "All I thought about is winning today. My personal record is more a reflection of the team," Scherzer said. "I dont get caught up in the win-loss record because its kind of fluky. Yesterday Doug (Fister) goes seven innings, one run and gets a no-decision. I got six and (allow) three and get a win, so thats why its a fluky stat." Cabrera doubled off Kyle Farnsworth in the eighth for his fourth hit. Fielder gave the Detroit bullpen some breathing room when he followed with his first homer since June 4, a towering two-run shot off Cesar Ramos that struck one of the catwalks that support the roof at Tropicana Field. Marcus Davenport Jersey. The Rays estimated Cabreras home runs travelled 388 and 432 feet. Fielders drive, which bounced off the catwalk and rolled back toward the infield, was estimated at 414 feet. Cabrera, who leads the majors in hits and RBIs and is second behind Baltimores Chris Davis in home runs, was asked how far Fielders homer might have gone if it hadnt hit something. "Miami," Cabrera said. "It was very far. It was impressive." Al Alburquerque and Drew Smyly worked a scoreless eighth for the Tigers. Joaquin Benoit finished a combined five-hitter, earning his fifth save. Scherzer, whos fanned at least six in each of his 16 starts this season, retired 11 in a row before Zobrists first-pitch drive to right with two outs in the fourth. The closest the Rays had come to getting a hit up until then was Evan Longorias second-inning grounder over the mound that Omar Infante ran down behind second base before making an off-balance throw to first for the out. Longoria was removed from the game following that inning. The Rays later announced he irritated plantar fasciitis in his right foot, which has bothered him for the past month. Maddon said Longoria, who has 17 homers and 47 RBIs, will not play Saturday and is doubtful for Sunday. "A little bit tender in the foot area. We have to wait for it to calm down (Saturday) to make a better evaluation," the Tampa Bay manager said. "Of course Im concerned, but I dont know the level yet until I get more information." Notes: Reigning AL Cy Young winner David Price will rejoin Tampa Bays rotation Tuesday night at Houston. The left-hander went on the disabled list for the first time in his career May 16 with a strained left triceps. He made two minor league rehab starts with Class A Charlotte and said he felt good after a bullpen session Friday. The Rays have gone 21-20 while hes been on the DL. ... The Tigers recalled reliever Bruce Rondon from Triple-A Toledo. To make room on the roster, reliever Evan Reed was optioned to Toledo. Detroit manager Jim Leyland said Rondon was not "brought back as a closer." Instead, Benoit will get most save opportunities. ... Rays RHP Alex Cobb, who was struck in the right ear by a ball hit by Kansas Citys Eric Hosmer on June 15, played catch during batting practice. ... Tigers RHP Anibal Sanchez (right shoulder strain) will make a 60-pitch rehab start Monday, probably for Class A Lakeland . . . Leyland plans to rest RF Torii Hunter on Saturday night ... Leyland, who will manage the AL All-Star team, said he will not use any pitcher who starts a game on the preceding Sunday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz