Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Residenten unter sich - Leben auf Gran Canaria
Bellroll33 Offline

26.08.2019 07:03
beat the Oakland Athletics 4-2 on Monday night Antworten

OAKLAND, Calif. -- With the wind, Stefen Romero thought his deep fly might not have enough and he would be denied his first major league home run. He put his head down and took off running anyway. Romero hit it hard enough to clear the left field fence for a tiebreaking solo shot in the fifth inning, and the Seattle Mariners beat the Oakland Athletics 4-2 on Monday night for their third straight victory and eighth in 10 games. Romero is taking home a souvenir ball, and the gratification he knew why his teammates were giving him the silent treatment afterward. "I tried to play it off a little bit and went all the way to the end of the dugout and took off my batting glove, put my bat away and tried to beeline to the edge of the dugout so they wouldnt rush me," Romero said. "Then (Robinson) Cano gets a base hit. After the base hit, thats when they all just lost it and congratulated me." Chris Young (2-0) allowed two hits over six strong innings to win his second straight start. He began the year with four straight no-decisions as he came back from shoulder surgery that caused him to miss much of 2013. The right-hander faced the minimum through three and didnt allow a hit until Jed Lowries one-out single in the fourth. Brandon Moss hit a tying two-run homer two batters later. "Hes 6-foot-10 and hes throwing out of the sky," Moss said of Young. "It looks like hes throwing soft and the radar gun says hes throwing soft, but the way he pitches up and down, it makes it tough." Romero, a 25-year-old rookie, homered in his 53rd career at-bat. He is batting .306 over his last nine games. "Fortunately it got out," Romero said of the wind. "Just not having done it this year, its pretty sweet to get that one out of the way." Moss hit his drive to right to give the As brief momentum only to see Romero connect in the top of the fifth for a Seattle lead. Brad Miller added an RBI single in the sixth. Scott Kazmir (4-1), off to the best start in his career, was tagged for eight hits and four runs in six innings. "He had his way with us for two outings in a row," manager Lloyd McClendon said. "I thought our guys were probably a little bit more determined tonight, better at-bats, better approach. We were able to get his pitch count up a little bit." The As were without two key outfielders and hitters to begin the game with the injured Yoenis Cespedes and Josh Reddick out of the starting lineup. Cespedes entered as a pinch-hitter in the seventh and stayed in the game. Oakland did little else after Moss big hit and kicked off a 10-game homestand -- the clubs first of three such stints at the Coliseum this season -- with just its third loss in seven matchups against Seattle so far. Young won back-to-back starts for the first time since May 19 and 24, 2009, for the Padres. He also improved to 14-6 in 29 career May starts. His April 6 outing at Oakland was his first in the majors since Sept. 29, 2012, with the New York Mets. "Stuff-wise, Im not there. I dont know if Ill ever be. Ive had three shoulder operations," Young said. "The shoulder feels healthy. I feel like when Ive been healthy in my career Ive pitched pretty well." Fernando Rodney, Seattles fifth reliever on a night the bullpen was thin, finished for his eighth save in nine opportunities as Seattle earned its first three-game winning streak since sweeping a season-opening series at the Angels. NOTES: McClendon expected to name his second starter for Wednesdays doubleheader on Tuesday. Felix Hernandez will start one of the games. The teams must make up a game from April 4, when Oakland didnt use a tarp through a heavy rainstorm and the field was unplayable. ... Oakland RHP Sonny Gray (4-1, 1.91 ERA) earned AL Pitcher of the Month honours for April. ... As RF Reddick could miss another day as he nurses a sprained ankle suffered Sunday in Boston. ... Mariners OF Logan Morrison, sidelined since April 16 with a strained right hamstring, is recovering more slowly than expected. Even McClendon is surprised. "I have been. Theres no sense in arguing about it," he said. "When I get him I get him. Until then Ill just read his tweets." Sammy Baugh Redskins Jersey . Replay backed him up. Adeiny Hechavarria immediately followed the ruling with a go-ahead sacrifice fly for the Miami Marlins, who held on to beat the Seattle Mariners 3-2 on Sunday completing a three-game sweep. Earnest Byner Jersey . -- Olympic medallist Jennifer Abel of Laval, Que. http://www.redskinsrookiestore.com/Redskins-Joe-Theismann-Jersey/ . Patty Mills had 20 points, Tim Duncan had 11 points and 13 rebounds in limited action, and San Antonio rolled to a 110-82 victory over Milwaukee that kept the Bucks winless in the new year. Alex Smith Womens Jersey . Ending a nine-game losing streak? That gave the Milwaukee Bucks veteran forward a reason to smile. Washington Redskins Jerseys .The league also seems to have a fairly active Twitter account www.twitter.com/bikinihockey that features the description “We provide a positive alternative to the hockey community and a venue for adult female hockey athletes to continue in their sport.Jeffery Taylor will not be appealing his 24-game suspension. Yahoo! Sports Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Charlotte Hornets forward will not fight the ban handed down to him by NBA commissioner Adam Silver for pleading guilty in October to misdemeanor domestic violence assault and malicious destruction of hotel property. On Thursday, NBAPA head Michele Roberts said that the union was prepared to file an appeal if Taylor chose to move forward with one. Roberts contended that the suspension went above and beyond the discipline that could be meted out by the current CBA. The CBA contemplates a minimum 10-game suspension in any case involving a conviction for a violent felony, including domestic violence. In contrast, Jeff Taylor was charged with a misdemeanor that is likely to be dismissed at the end of a probationary period, Roberts said in a statement. Because Taylor has already missed the Hornets first 11 games, hell be given credit for time already served and mmiss the next 13.dddddddddddd. This suspension is necessary to protect the interests of the NBA and the publics confidence in it, Silver said in a statement on Wednesday. Mr. Taylors conduct violates applicable law and, in my opinion, does not conform to standards of morality and is prejudicial and detrimental to the NBA. While the suspension is significantly longer than prior suspensions for incidents of domestic violence by NBA players, it is appropriate in light of Mr. Taylors conduct, the need to deter similar conduct going forward, and the evolving social consensus -- with which we fully concur -- that professional sports leagues like the NBA must respond to such incidents in a more rigorous way. Taylor will also not be paid during his suspension, meaning that the 25-year-old will foreit close to $200,000 of his $915,000 salary this season. With the suspension, Taylor will be eligible to return on December 17 when the Hornets host the Phoenix Suns. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz