Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 46 mal aufgerufen
 Residenten unter sich - Leben auf Gran Canaria
Bellroll33 Offline

30.08.2019 03:46
during his formative years on the slopes. Now hes Antworten

BORMIO, Italy -- Canadas Erik Guay was heavily influenced by the Crazy Canucks during his formative years on the slopes. Now hes breaking their records. Guay won World Cup bronze in the downhill on Sunday for his 21st career podium appearance. That broke the Canadian record by Steve Podborski, a member of the Crazy Canucks team in the 1970s and 80s. "Those are the racers I grew up watching and admiring," Guay said. "Its special." Overall World Cup leader Aksel Lund Svindal mastered the fresh snow conditions on the Stelvio course to win a downhill for his fourth victory of the Olympic season. The Norwegian clocked one minute 54.08 seconds to finish 0.39 seconds ahead of Hannes Reichelt of Austria. Guay was 0.51 seconds back in third, for a strong follow-up to his downhill victory in Val Gardena a week ago. "On the top it was difficult to be precise because it was soft and you cant push too hard with the edges," Svindal said. "So I just tried to ski the top part really well and then from the San Pietro jump down thats usually where Bormio is decided and that was to my advantage down there." Svindal trailed Guay at every checkpoint but then gained 0.65 seconds over the last few gates. Guay, from Mont-Tremblant, Que., made a slight but costly error, lifting up his left ski to regain his balance after cutting off a turn too sharply. "Maybe I got a little bit greedy on the bottom section trying to cut line and I paid for it," Guay said. Still, Guay has become Svindals top challenger in the speed events. "Im really excited about my skiing at the moment," said Guay, who has had knee surgeries the past two off-seasons. "For the first time I know why Im fast. Its not like it was a lucky shot in Val Gardena." The start of the race was delayed for 40 minutes due to fog and low visibility, and overnight snow provided a much softer surface than during the two training sessions Friday and Saturday. It was also snowing on the top half of the course during the race for early starters. Svindal extended his overall lead ahead of two-time defending champion Marcel Hirscher to 195 points. The Norwegian also leads the downhill standings and is shaping up as the top favourite for the speed events at the Sochi Olympics, which start in 40 days. Svindal won a medal of each colour at the 2010 Vancouver Games. Still, he had never won in Bormio and missed out on victory last season by 0.01 -- the smallest margin possible -- when Reichelt and Dominik Paris of Italy shared the victory. Paris sat out this race as he recovers from a fall in Val Gardena. "Maybe it wasnt as tough this year because it wasnt so icy but from the San Pietro jump down it was still fast and bumpy," Svindal said, referring to the courses biggest jump midway down. "This is a cool race to win." Calgarys Jan Hudec was 14th, Manuel Osborne-Paradis of North Vancouver, B.C., was 21st and Conrad Pridy of Whistler, B.C., was 29th. Robbie Dixon of Whistler was 32nd, Benjamin Thomsen of Invermere, B.C., was 37th and Jeffrey Frisch of Mont-Tremblant was 41st. The top American finisher was Travis Ganong of Squaw Valley, Calif., in 10th, while Bode Miller struggled with the conditions and finished 35th. "When I went it was dumping snow until halfway down," said Miller, who started 10th. "I couldnt see anything. ... I didnt really ski bad." It was Svindals 25th career World Cup win, moving him into sole possession of 11th place on the all-time list. One more victory and hell pull even with Austrian great Franz Klammer for 10th place on the list, which is led by Swedish legend Ingemar Stenmark with 86 wins. "I dont really think about that," Svindal said. "Its just fun to be where Ive been the last couple of years, every weekend fighting to win the race. I get to be nervous and excited every weekend." Just as impressive, Svindal became the first skier from outside Austria or Switzerland to win 20 World Cup speed races -- joining a select group that includes Hermann Maier (39 speed wins), Klammer (25 -- all downhill), Stephan Eberharter (24), Peter Mueller (21) and Pirmin Zurbriggen (21). Besides his win last year, Reichelt also won a super-G on the Stelvio in 2008. "Here I know what I have to do to be fast," Reichelt said. Bormio will also host the next mens race on Jan. 6, a Monday night slalom that was moved from Zagreb due to a lack of snow in Croatia. A New Years Day race in Munich was cancelled due to lack of snow. Custom Belgium Jerseys . -- New York Yankees centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury was sent for an MRI Thursday of his ailing right calf, which was negative. Mousa Dembele Belgium Jersey . He was still a kid, going into his senior year of high school. Thursday, the point guard stood in front of a couple dozen members of the media and spoke with poise about how much hed grown since then, and how hes ready for the next level. http://www.soccerbelgiumteamonline.com/Toby-Alderweireld-UEFA-European-Belgium-Jersey/ . Then again, he really was at his home away from home. "It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night," Shields said after pitching Kansas City past the San Diego Padres 8-0 Wednesday. Yannick Carrasco Belgium Jersey . The club says Fridays surgery was successful. Holiday, a former Eastern Conference All-Star acquired from Philadelphia last summer, has not played because of the shin injury since Jan. Thomas Vermaelen Belgium Jersey . Whenever United loses, its crisis. When other top teams slip up, its the quirky nature of the Premier League. The predictable reaction speaks to the sky-high expectations for a team proven perennial contender and 13 times Premier League champion.The Anaheim Ducks got some bad news on Cam Fowler on Wednesday. An MRI revealed the defenceman has a sprained left MCL and will miss the next three-to-five weeks. Fowler left the Ducks Friday game against the Colorado Avalancche with a leg injury and has not seen game action since.dddddddddddd. In 67 games with the Ducks this season, Fowler has scored six goals and 30 assists, averaging a team-high 23:54 of ice time per game. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz