Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Residenten unter sich - Leben auf Gran Canaria
Bellroll33 Offline

02.09.2019 03:36
to the cause is a clear illustration Antworten

NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova reached the finals of the Connecticut Open for the third straight year, beating Samantha Stosur 6-3, 6-1 on Friday. She will face a close friend, Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia, for the title. The 68th-ranked Rybarikova beat Camila Giorgi of Italy 6-2, 6-4 in the first semifinal. Kvitova, ranked No. 4, bombarded Stosur with 11 aces, nine in the first set, improving to 5-0 against the Australian in hard-court matches. "It was hard to pick up her serve," Stosur said. "Certain big points, shed go to my forehand, then my backhand, so that was difficult. Kvitova broke Stosurs serve to take an early 3-1 lead, one of her four service breaks in the match. She did not get much of a challenge on her own serve, facing just four break points. Kvitova clinched the first set with three aces in the last game and cruised from there. "I knew that Sam would keep her eye little bit on her backhand (because) I have a left serve," Kvitova said. "I was trying to mix it, as she doesnt know where its going to be. Probably that was good idea." Kvitova won the tournament in 2012 and lost to Simona Halep in last years final. But she came into New Haven having played just three times since winning her second Wimbledon title, losing in her second match in Montreal and her opener in Cincinnati. "I think its important to have this before the U.S. Open," Kvitova said. "Im really glad with my form now." Rybarikova may be in the best form of her career. The 25-year-old broke Giorgi in the first game and breezed through the first set in 34 minutes. The 22-year-old Italian could not solve Rybarikovas serve, failing to convert on 11 break points. The hard-serving Giorgi, ranked 38th, also double-faulted seven times with just two aces. "It was very important for me to hold my serve, because I knew that she could make these double-faults. She can struggle on her serve," Rybarikova said. "So I was really focusing to hold my serve." Rybarikova mixed up the pace throughout the match, stretching out points with slices and drop shots. That seemed to frustrate Giorgi, whose power game was not working. "Its just a little bit that she has an A plan and no B plan," Rybarikova said. "Shes a young player. If shes going to learn to have a B plan, I think shes going to be a very good player." Rybarikova becomes the lowest-ranked player to make New Haven finals, her first in a premier-level event. She has four lower-level WTA titles on her resume, but her ranking dropped over the past year from the 30s into the 60s. She contends it was the result of unlucky draws, playing top-20 players such as Caroline Wozniacki, Lucie Safarova and Ekaterina Makarova in the early rounds of recent tournaments. She beat this tournaments top seed, the second-ranked Halep, in the second round. "Its not easy to beat all the top-20 players," she said. "But, of course, sometimes I have to beat these players, and it was this tournament." Nike Air Force 1 Ανδρικα . He scored two highlight-reel goals in a three-minute span -- the second on a sideways bicycle kick in the 78th minute -- to give the Whitecaps a 2-2 draw with the Portland Timbers before a crowd of 20,303 at B. Nike Air Force 1 Ελλαδα .Sinclair, from Burnaby, B.C., led the Canadian team with three goals at the four-nation competition. She also earned tournament most valuable player honours.The Canadian captain scored on a penalty kick in the 63rd minute and added the winning goal a minute later. http://www.airforce1greece.com/air-force-1-sage.html . Less than 24 hours later, in the same arena, he tried to recreate the magic of his all-time favourite player. Hilliard scored a career-high 26 points and No. Nike Air Force Καλυτερη Τιμη .C. Lions 35-14, was named the CFLs offensive player of the week Tuesday. Sheets recorded his ninth 100-yard rushing performance of the season to tie the Riders club record. Nike Air More Uptempo Αγορα . The rookie is rewarding their faith with a stellar first season. MacKinnon had a goal and two assists, Jamie McGinn had two goals and an assist, and Colorado beat the Buffalo Sabres 7-1 on Saturday.The old adage a week is a long time in politics will likely be ringing in Collen Warners ears as he made his way to join up with his new teammates at BMO Field Friday morning. For a player who started all nine league games this season, often out of his central midfield holding role to an attacking berth out on the flank, the last image Impact supporters are left with is of the long walk to the locker room for Warner following his red card against the MLS Champs last Saturday afternoon at Saputo Stadium. We all know how that game finished. A fifth league defeat in a season that appears to be getting further away from a club which is desperate to make amends for how their 2013 campaign ended. For a team that less than 72-hours earlier had lost to Edmonton, a team at the bottom of the NASL standings, the Sporting KC defeat compounded the misery that has engulfed the club. Joey Saputo let it be known changes would be coming. His tweet last Saturday was delivered even before the rest of Warners teammates had made it back to the safety of the locker room. Where they would discover Sunday morning training had been added to the weekly itinerary. Blake Smiths loan to NASLs Indy 11 announced Tuesday was a cue the club were on the search for a wide attacking midfielder. The splendid form to date of Justin Mapp has magnified how inadequate the teams options are on the wing, as did using Warner out wide. Trading for Nakajima-Farran immediately addresses this. Warner has faced undue criticism this season. When all he did was do what was asked of him. Used sparingly in a starting role by Schällibaum, his elevated playing role this term led to some even questioning the relationship between Warner and his head coach. Similar to April 4ths trade which saw Andrew Wenger depart for the Union, the consensus is that Impact Sporting Director, Nick De Santis has pulled off another favourable trade. The allocation money going Montreals way certainly sweetens the pot. Returning to league play Saturday evening after the bye week and on the back of Wednesdays fun and games in the return leg against Edmonton, provides the Impact with the chance to get only their second win of the season.dddddddddddd Worryingly Di Vaio, who spent Wednesday evening watching the game from the pitch stood just behind the Impact bench, has still not fully recovered from a hamstring strain which he first suffered back on April 19th in the away game against Sporting KC. He is doubtful for the game in DC. A game which will reunite the Impact with their old club captain Davy Arnaud, whose contact was not renewed by the Impact at the conclusion of last season. Revitalized since DC acquired him, Arnaud has played a significant part for a club that is only two wins away from surpassing their entire point total from the 2013 season. Not one who would ever describe himself as the most gifted technically, the Impact has certainly missed his tireless work rate. Arnauds dedication to the cause is a clear illustration of something else the team has sorely lacked as the Impact sit firmly rooted to bottom place in the conference. Another player who will not lack in motivation Saturday is Eddie Johnson, who was spurned by Jürgen Klinsmann when he announced a 30-man USMNT World Cup roster on Monday. Johnson more than anyone will not need reminding of his eight game scoreless run since been traded from Seattle to DC is hardly the form befitting of a player who scored many crucial goals during World Cup qualification. DC, who overhauled their squad in the off season following a woeful 2013, is the surprise package in the league this season and would signify a significant scalp for the Impact. To do so the Impact will certainly have to overcome the set piece jitters which have plagued them all season. Defensively they will have to be as they were in their solitary win so far and Justin Mapp will have to yet again carry the attacking threat. On Wednesday evening at Saputo Stadium just before kickoff rather aptly a "Through Thick and Thin" banner was unveiled in the stands. Patience has been tested, perseverance is now required. Noel.Butler@BellMedia.ca @TheSoccerNoel DC United Vs Montreal Impact live on TSN690 [TSN690.ca] Saturday. Kick Off 7:00pm – Rick Moffat [@RickMoffat] and Grant Needham [@GrantNeedham] with your call. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz