Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 56 mal aufgerufen
 Arbeiten auf Gran Canaria - Arbeitsangebote & Arbeitssuche
zhangzk Offline

06.12.2019 03:00
Joseph sent his kicker onto the field to a chorus Antworten

DENVER (AP) — Just six days after needling his quarterback for not being aggressive enough Courtland Sutton Jersey White , Broncos coach Vance Joseph found Denver’s season on the brink and his job on the line.He backed down.Trailing the Browns by four points in the waning minutes and facing fourth-and-1 from the Cleveland 6, of boos at Mile High Stadium.Despite his sound logic, the man who’s gone for it on fourth down 21 times, more than any other NFL coach this season — and seen his team convert a league-high 13 of those — chose the field goal that would leave the Broncos trailing by 1 with 4:35 left.“We were absolutely surprised they went for a field goal,” Browns safety Jabrill Peppers said after his game-ending sack sealed Cleveland’s first win over Denver in 28 years .“I didn’t know what they were thinking,” offered Browns defensive end Myles Garrett. “If it was me, I would have gone for the touchdown.”Joseph explained that he’d rather take the sure points there — Brandon McManus is 37 of 39 from inside 30 yards — than risk coming away empty-handed and then needing a touchdown to win it rather than another field goal.Forty-eight hours later, Joseph offered another impassioned defense of his decision.He said it was a fourth-and-a-long-1, the Broncos had just been stuffed on two runs that didn’t look pretty and he had faith his depleted defense would get a stop.This, even though safeties Dymonte Thomas and Justin Simmons were forced into coverage with cornerbacks Chris Harris Jr. (leg), Isaac Yiadom (head), Brendan Langley (head), Jamar Taylor (ejected) and Bradley Roby (lacerated lip) all out, leaving just one healthy cornerback in oft-injured Tramaine Brock.Left unsaid was the lack of faith Joseph had in his anemic offense led by the lackluster Case Keenum and coordinated by Bill Musgrave, who added to his bucketful of head-scratching calls this season when he dialed up a deep pass on first down moments after the Broncos had lost their fourth and fifth cornerbacks early in the fourth quarter.Keenum’s pass was picked off by cornerback T.J. Carrie — whom Keenum said he never saw — at midfield. The Browns converted that takeaway into the game-winning touchdown on Baker Mayfield’s 2-yard toss to Antonio Callaway with safety Justin Simmons helplessly trailing him in coverage.Joseph’s dice roll on fourth down might have paid dividends had the Broncos not surrendered a 40-yard run to Nick Chubb on first down when his cousin, Bradley Chubb, threw his man into linebacker Todd Davis, and Adam Gotsis missed the tackle.Gotsis atoned for his gaffe when he dumped Chubb for a 2-yard loss just after the 2-minute warning on fourth-and-1 when Browns interim head coach Gregg Williams went for the gusto and came up empty.“We came up here to win the ball game,” said Williams Joe Flacco Jersey , who improved to 4-2 and burnished his credentials for the full-time gig. “I don’t think anyone was ever worried about me not being aggressive. We came up here to win it. Offensively, we were going to win it right there. If not, defensively we’re going to come back and do it.“That’s the aggressive nature of this team.”It was the Broncos who had been the aggressors all season, and Keenum wanted to go for it on fourth-and-1, although he added, “I can’t complain because I had the ball in my hands with a chance to win the game.”Denver’s desperation drive, however, started at their 13 with 1:49 and no timeouts left.They reached the 50 on Keenum’s 15-yard throw to Devontae Booker on fourth-and-2, putting them just 8 yards shy of McManus’ comfort zone. But Keenum rushed up to the line and spiked the ball to stop the clock at 52 seconds rather than getting a few more yards with a quick strike against a backpedaling, winded defense.That breather allowed the Browns to regroup and they subsequently showed two looks the Broncos hadn’t seen all night, forcing a pair of incompletions before Peppers’ sack of Keenum ended it .“It’s just a tough time right now,” said Von Miller, whose team hasn’t reached the playoffs in the three years since he led the Broncos to a win over Cam Newton and Carolina in Super Bowl 50.In other notable calls in Week 15:—Titans cornerback Logan Ryan announced Monday that he broke his left leg in Tennessee’s victory over the Giants, writing on Twitter that he believes a player should release his own injury news .—The Chargers trolled Stephen A. Smith ‘s pronouncement that he was excited about the Chiefs’ matchup with the San Diego Chargers (now in Los Angeles) featuring Spencer Ware (who was out with an injury), Hunter Henry (now on IR) squaring off against Derrick Johnson (not in the NFL anymore).After tweeting their inactives, the Chargers added this tongue-in-cheek update: “LaDainian Tomlinson, Dan Fouts and Lance Alworth are all OUT for tonight.”—After wearing cleats that paid tribute to the history of protest on Monday night, Panthers safety Eric Reid, who was one of the first players to join Colin Kaepernick in protesting racial injustice and police violence by kneeling during the national anthem when both were with the 49ers Bradley Chubb Jersey White , tweeted a photo of his latest drug test notice, writing it was his seventh “Random” test of the season. News and notes from day 14 of Broncos camp" Denver Broncos Training Camp2019 Denver Broncos Training Camp: Day 14 news and notesNew,24commentsNews and notes from day 14 of Broncos campMDTDay 14 was a shorts and shells practice day for the Broncos and the last practice before they head to Seattle to take on the Seattle Seahawks. Today we have Sanders and Sutton meeting with the media, Flacco playing some against the Seahawks and Drew Lock playing a lot, Austin Fort continuing to get reps, injury updates, quotes, and more!Sanders and Sutton address their fightYesterday’s big news was the little kerfuffle between fellow wide receivers Emmanuel Sanders and Courtland Sutton. Punches were thrown and words were exchanged but it appears all is good between the two.They both met with the media together and joked about their situation. Sanders told reporters that their next fight would a Pay-Per-View fight and it would cost people $69.99 to watch it.Sanders then got serious and told reporters that everything stands good and they had a bit of a miscommunication which resulted in their altercation. Sutton then stepped in and said that he has looked up to Sanders throughout his football career and that they are brothers at the end of the day.There are a lot of cliches in here likely orchestrated by the Broncos PR but I think this was a bunch of nothing. You see fights happen during camp in just about every camp each and every year. Yes, this was two people within their own positional group, but emotions were running high and shit happens. I don’t think it really warranted this sort of attention and should have been treated like a typical camp fight, but it is what it is. Obviously, I have moved on from this and hopefully Sanders, Sutton, and everyone else can too as well. Joe Flacco to play a little while Drew Lock will play a lotThe Broncos will play their first non-Hall Of Fame game preseason game this Thursday as they travel to Seattle to take on the Seahawks. It is just a preseason game, but those fans know how to get loud, so it should be a nice test for the team as they face some tough road conditions.After today’s practice. Head Coach Vic Fangio was asked about the quarterback rotation and he indicated that we will see a little of Joe Flacco and a lot of rookie Drew Lock.So we will get out first look at Joe Flacco under center in a Broncos uniform in a game scenario. That still is something we all need to get used too but hopefully it is a promising start for Flacco. I would imagine we will see a few safe plays where he gets rid of the ball quickly and he likely will only be out there a series or two at most. We then will see Kevin Hogan come in as the second quarterback. Despite his Training Camp struggles, he did look adequate in the Hall Of Fame game so lets see if he can continue that on Thursday night. He like Flacco will only play a little bit. Finally, we are going to see a lot of rookie quarterback Drew Lock according to Fangio. I would imagine he will take over sometime in the second quarter and likely play into the fourth. If he does well, we could see Rypien get some snaps Womens Bradley Chubb Jersey , but it seems like they may just let Lock get as many reps as he can.Fangio was asked what improvements Lock can make against Seattle, and he told reporters that he just needs to “operate”. It wasn’t a great start for Lock in his preseason debut against the Falcons so hopefully he can turn it around against the Seahawks. Tight end Austin Fort continues to get repsThe Broncos tight end position is a bit banged up right now. Jeff Heuerman sat out today’s practice with a dinged up shoulder that isn’t a major concern for Head Coach Vic Fangio. Jake Butt hasn’t practiced in what seems like weeks. Bug Howard sprained his ankle and has been sidelined over a week and Troy Fumagalli has dealt with minor bumps and dings as well.All this has allowed undrafted free agent Austin Fort to receive an extra workload of snaps because of the injuries. Head Coach Vic Fangio commented on this after practice today.He seems like a safe bet to make the 53-man roster as of now. A spot is opening up with Jake Butt continuing to get injured and that is something that likely won’t stop.Injury reportTight end Jeff Heuerman sat out practice with a shoulder injury but Vic Fangio is not concerned about it.Linebacker Josey Jewell did not practice after tweaking his oblique during yesterday’s practice. Linebacker Joe Jones will be out for several weeks with a triceps tear.Linebacker Todd Davis continues to be sidelined with a calf injury.Tight end Jake Butt is continuing to sit out with knee issues.Tight end Bug Howard continued to sit out with an ankle injury.Linebacker Aaron Wallace continued to sit out practice as well.Tweets from campQuotesQuarterback Joe Flacco on whether the offense has continued to build on momentum during the last week.“Yeah, I think so. Once you start playing these games, it’s not quite as easy to go out there and run a million plays. [Head Coach] Vic [Fangio] has done a good job kind of working us hard and resting us also around these games. We had a good amount of time off being the fact that we (most of the starters) didn’t play in the Hall of Fame Game. We came back and had two really good days. Now, this is a day where we kind of more got ready for Seattle. It’s just one of those things where you have to make the most of your reps when that starts to become the case. Because that’s how the season goes, too. Once the season starts, you’re not [in] training camp practices running 110 plays like we have been. So, you have to make the most of what we got. And I think we have a group that’s working toward getting better at doing it.” Rookie guard Dalton Risner on if there will be extra excitement playing with QB Joe Flacco on Thursday.“Of course, I’m sure that Joe is going to do an extremely good job and I look up to Joe Flacco a ton. Shoot, I think I might have been in middle school whenever he won the Super Bowl for the Ravens. Being out here blocking for him is an honor. I take a lot of pride in blocking for him because I know that he knows what he’s doing and he works his butt off every day in practice. My job every day is to go out there and protect him.”Quarterback Joe Flacco on how involved Offensive Line Coach Mike Munchak is with the rest of the offense.“To be honest, he’s an offensive line coach. It’s not like I am sitting in meetings with him. But when we put in the run game, he gets a chance to get in front of us as a team and it’s awesome to hear him go to work. Obviously, the experience he brings because he was a such a great player in the league—but he’s also been a coach now for a long time and built his reputation on being a great coach. And you can see that come off when we’re in the meeting room and he’s going over the game plan and what we’re going to do. When you talk to the linemen, it’s nothing but a ton of respect for what he does and how he does it with them. So, it’s pretty cool to have him here.”

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz