Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 Auswandern nach Gran Canaria - Umzug nach Gran Canaria
liny195 Offline

30.12.2019 04:32
No young woman has had more of an effect on NFL Antworten

TV coverage than Heidi.Yes Trenton Cannon Jerseys 2019 , the heroine of the children’s classic. In 1968, she had much of football nation in an uproar when she interrupted the final minutes of the Jets game at Oakland.Fans of the AFL, which already had agreed to a merger with the NFL but still was playing games only within its confines, might recall the “Heidi” game as one of the most memorable in the league’s 10-year history. Problem was, nearly all of those fans never saw the closing rally by the Raiders.The teams already were fierce rivals — Raiders defensive end Ben Davidson playing dirty with Jets quarterback Joe Namath, for example — when they met on Nov 17. When the Jets held a 32-29 lead, the hour was approaching 7 p.m. on the East Coast.A big decision faced NBC, which televised the AFL back then. The network had been heavily advertising the film “Heidi” and knew that a wide audience, particularly of children who might not be able to stay up too late that night, was awaiting the telecast. NBC had what was called a “firm commitment” to show Heidi on schedule.But the Jets and Raiders weren’t cooperating.So Scotty Connal, the network’s executive producer of sports, called his boss, Carl Lindemann, for instructions. Lindemann, in turn, called NBC President Julian Goodman, who told his underlings that cutting off the game was “crazy, a terrible idea.”Connal was told to stick with the football until it ended. But he was unable to get through to the New York operations department, and it was closing in on 7 p.m. EST. So he called the game’s production truck in Oakland, telling the producer to work through the network’s Burbank, California, studio and make sure Jets-Raiders stayed on the air.Then the game went to a commercial break at 32-29 in favor of New York.The message got to Burbank and was relayed to New York. The orders didn’t mesh with what Don Cline White Jamal Adams Jerseys , the board operator in New York, had been given. So he phoned Connal — only to get a busy signal, even though Connal had two phone lines. Connal was still talking with the production truck in Oakland and with Lindemann.Cline opted to follow the previous, strict orders that Heidi must have her evening.At 7 p.m. EST, the film came on the air — even as the Raiders staged one of the most dramatic rallies in AFL history, winning 43-32.NBC’s switchboard blew a circuit from all the irate complaints phoned in. Lindemann, still on the phone with Connal, roared at him, “Where has our football game gone?”It hadn’t gone anywhere; it still was being played. Only America was watching “Heidi.”Where the Jets and Raiders went from their encounter with Heidi can be summed up quickly. New York won the AFC title game at Shea Stadium and then upset the Colts in perhaps the most significant Super Bowl of them all. The Jets haven’t been to a Super Bowl since.The Raiders got to the big game and won it in 1977 against Minnesota, and also took the league title in the 1981 and 1984 Super Bowls.Heidi’s impact has been felt ever since that Sunday evening the TV tubes went from the Black Hole to the Alps. Never again would a nationally televised NFL game not be shown to its conclusion. Sure, games that are routs might be replaced late in the proceedings with another game. Not even “60 Minutes” or “The Simpsons,” however, take precedent over NFL telecasts. FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — In the hours that followed the New York Jets‘ announcement last Friday that Adam Gase is their new head coach, many frustrated fans took to social media to voice their displeasure.Some used all 280 characters on Twitter. Some only needed one word and a hashtag.Either way, they weren’t happy.Christopher Johnson and the Jets, however, were thrilled with their decision. And shortly after formally introducing Gase at the team’s facility Monday, Johnson sacked the pointed criticism with overwhelming optimism.“We’ve just had a couple of down years, so I have to earn their trust,” the team’s chairman and CEO said. “I think that they will see this as, if not right now Jamal Adams Jerseys 2019 , they’ll see it pretty soon as a great hire.“I’m not trying to win Twitter. I’m trying to win football games.”Hashtag: You’ll see, Jets fans.Gase beat out the likes of Mike McCarthy, Todd Monken and Matt Rhule for the job, less than two weeks after being fired by the Miami Dolphins.“I’m just really convinced that he is the man,” Johnson said.Johnson praised Gase’s work over the years with quarterbacks and offenses, and how the Jets’ Sam Darnold — along with the rest of the offense — will benefit greatly from the new coach being here.“To paraphrase Wayne Gretzky,” Johnson said, “he’s coaching to where football is going.”The 40-year-old Gase was the hot assistant just three years ago as the Chicago Bears’ offensive coordinator after directing the Denver Broncos’ Peyton Manning-led offense to record-setting performances in 2013 and 2014. But a 23-26 record in three seasons with the Dolphins, including a playoff loss, had him out of a job — along with reports of some friction with players.Gase quickly got a second chance, with a former AFC East opponent.“Over three years, you’re going to have mistakes that you make,” Gase said with his wife Jennifer and their three young children sitting a few feet away from the podium. “It can be either a mental note or, really, you start creating that list from year to year. It’s really starting with this first part of the process.”That would be putting together a coaching staff, which is something he has been working on since he was hired.And, Gase will have total control of the hirings — contrary to reports that the Jets were telling candidates they wanted to have final say over assistants.“No, that never happened,” Johnson said. “I completely deny it.”The Jets haven’t made the playoffs since the 2010 season, an eight-year drought that feels like a lifetime to some fans. Johnson made it clear he wants to win, and soon.“My expectations for this team under Adam are very high,” Johnson said. “In short White Marcus Maye Jerseys , I chose him to win.”That doesn’t mean the owner is putting a playoff mandate on Gase, general manager Mike Maccagnan and the rest of the organization.“Absolutely not,” Johnson said. “I will never do that.”This isn’t like the days of Rex Ryan, who blew into his first news conference in 2009 with bold talk of meeting the president and winning the Super Bowl.Gase’s introduction was a low-key affair with no boasts or promises. In fact the only real buzz came on social media from fans who were mesmerized by the new coach’s intense eyes throughout the news conference.Gase won’t have roster control as he did with the Dolphins, and that’s no issue.“That’s not something I was really interested in,” Gase said. “That’s just kind of how it worked out in Miami…. I knew coming in here it would be a team effort. I can do my part, which is coaching the team.”Many of the fans who were frustrated with the hire have pointed to Gase’s mediocre record in Miami — without the resume of a Super Bowl-winning coach such as McCarthy.“We’re going to look to go better than .500,” Gase said. “We’re going to work to do that. That’s part of this process. Right now, we’re 0-0. … It’s a fresh start for everybody. I think there’s a lot of good pieces in place. I think we’re going to have a lot of opportunities to add to this.”It all starts with Darnold, of course. The No. 3 overall draft pick had an up-and-down rookie season, but finished strong after coming back from a foot injury that sidelined him for three games.The two spoke via FaceTime during the hiring process and hit it off, and now could be linked together for years to come.“I like his fire,” Gase said of Darnold. “You could see it the way he plays and just when you talk to him, you could see there’s a love for football.”Gase acknowledged he could go without a quarterbacks coach and rather he and the offensive coordinator will work directly with Darnold and the team’s other QBs.“I think the less voices there, the better,” Gase said. “I think there needs to be a direct line of communication with myself or if we bring in just a coordinator.”Gase is also still mulling his options at defensive coordinator, and wouldn’t confirm or deny that Gregg Williams is a leading candidate for the spot. Gase indicated he would focus mainly on the offense and leave the defense primarily to whomever he hires.“I’m pretty sure that everyone is in the same boat that I need to spend my time with the quarterback,” he said.“Whoever we bring here on the defense has to do a great job of making sure that he’s really the head coach of the defense. That’s what we’re looking for.”

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz