Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Residenten unter sich - Leben auf Gran Canaria
chenyan94 Offline

11.01.2020 04:27
General manager Ryan Pace understands Antworten

LAKE FOREST http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-joel-iyiegbuniwe-jersey , Ill. (AP) — General manager Ryan Pace understands the idea that the Chicago Bears need to draft a running back.He’s just not necessarily buying it.Pace doesn’t see too many big holes on the roster with the draft starting Thursday after Chicago made a worst-to-first jump last season. The Bears don’t pick until the third round — at No. 87 — so it could be quiet for them in the early going.“I kind of know what the narrative is out there, but we feel fortunate with our roster right now,” Pace said Tuesday.“This press conference feels a little different in that there’s no pressing, huge needs. We can honestly select the best players. That’s a great spot to be in.”The Bears traded their first-round selection to Oakland in the blockbuster deal for Khalil Mack just before the start of last season. And they sent their second-rounder to New England when they traded up in last year’s draft to get receiver Anthony Miller.Pace has no regrets about those deals, particularly the trade for Mack. And when Oakland picks in Chicago’s place at No. 24?“When our pick comes up, Khalil Mack highlights will come on instantly (in the draft room), so that’s the first thing that will happen,” Pace said in jest.“But it’s still going to be a professional draft room. It’s fascinating to watch it unfold. There’ll be a lot of friends around the league. We’ll see how it all goes down.”The Bears are in a far better position than they were a year ago, after winning the NFC North at 12-4 in coach Matt Nagy’s first season. Chicago ended a run of four straight last-place finishes and made the playoffs for the first time since the 2010 season.The Bears are loaded with a defense that ranked among the NFL’s best last season and are counting on an offense led by quarterback Mitchell Trubisky to make a jump in its second season in Nagy’s system. But they’re also short on trade assets, with just five picks in this year’s draft and no obvious candidates to be dealt on the roster.The Bears already traded one when they sent Jordan Howard to Philadelphia last month, opening up a spot at running back.“I think there’s probably always a story line with every draft,” Pace said. “I understand why it’s that way, but I don’t feel like we go into this draft saying, ‘Man, we have to take this position or we’re in trouble.’ We’re in good shape.”Howard struggled to fit in a system that favors pass-catching running backs and wound up with career lows in yards rushing (935) and attempts (250) in his third season.Even so, he had more combined carries than Tarik Cohen Womens Nick Kwiatkoski Jersey , Mike Davis, Taquan Mizzell Sr. and Ryan Nall — the running backs currently on Chicago’s roster.But Pace insisted the Bears “feel good” about who they have.He can envision Davis playing a bigger role after carrying 112 times for 514 yards with Seattle last season. He sees two-time Pro Bowl kick returner Cordarrelle Patterson chipping in as a receiver and ball carrier after signing a two-year deal. And he dismisses the idea that the Bears could have gotten more for Howard than a conditional sixth-round pick next year.“I think there’s always a narrative out there, ‘Oh, you could get this,'” Pace said. “This is the reality. You know what I mean? We work those channels all the time. We’re doing them right now. That’s the reality of what it is. We feel good about it. We feel good moving forward. Again, we feel really good about that room and we wish Jordan the best.”The other big issue for the Bears is at kicker.Chicago released Cody Parkey in the wake of a double-doink miss off the upright and crossbar in the closing seconds of the wild-card loss to Philadelphia at Soldier Field and a “Today” show appearance a few days later that did not sit well with the team’s hierarchy.The three kickers on the roster — Redford Jones, Chris Blewitt and Elliott Fry — don’t have NFL experience. But Pace is certainly open to the idea of drafting another one.“It just depends on where you have the kicker graded,” he said. “If he’s graded at that value and we get to that place in the draft and that (name) is sticking up there that high, I think you have to explore it.” The Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears will meet for the second time in 12 days 鈥?yet this matchup already looks a lot different.Mitchell Trubisky, Chicago's starting quarterback, is doubtful for Thursday's rematch with the Lions because of a right shoulder injury.That means Chase Daniel, who has barely played in the NFL since 2014, may take the field for the NFC North-leading Bears under the Thanksgiving spotlight."We're on a short week. So regardless, there's not a lot you can do. The nice thing about having a guy like Chase, regardless of which direction you go, is I was Chase's quarterback coach in Kansas City for three years Prince Amukamara Jersey ," Bears coach Matt Nagy said."So, I know Chase inside out and he knows me. And so, that's why you bring in a guy like Chase, is not only for his expertise in this offense, but in the way he handles his position each and every week."Trubisky threw for 355 yards and three touchdowns in Chicago's 34-22 win over the Lions on Nov. 11. Now the teams face each other again less than two weeks later. The Bears (7-3) have won four straight.Detroit (4-6) is in the middle of a three-game homestand that began with a victory over Carolina last weekend, but rookie running back Kerryon Johnson left that game with a knee injury. He won't play Thursday.So both teams have health concerns coming into this game 鈥?and they haven't had much time to adjust to any potential lineup changes. The 32-year-old Daniel has started two games in his NFL career, and he hasn't attempted a pass since the 2016 season."The guy is very versed in the system. He's played in it for a while," Detroit coach Matt Patricia said. "A little bit different than Trubisky, but as far as the operation of the offense, none of that really will change."Here are a few other things to know about Detroit's matchup with Chicago:EVEN QUICKER TURNAROUNDThe Lions haven't had much time to prepare for this game after playing last weekend, but the Bears had even less time to recover, since their Sunday game against Minnesota was at night.So when Thursday's game kicks off around 12:30 p.m. local time, Chicago will have had about 3陆 days since the end of its previous game."Our guys, once we knew it, we prepped them on what our game plan is as far as making sure they're mentally and physically strong and how they have to treat it," Nagy said."So http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-adam-shaheen-jersey , it's a positive to be flexed into a night game like we were last week, but now we have to make sure that we handle our business."THANKSGIVING HISTORYOnly Green Bay has faced the Lions more times on Thanksgiving than the Bears. Chicago and Detroit have split their previous 16 Thanksgiving meetings. The Lions lost to Minnesota last year, ending their four-game winning streak on Thanksgiving.HIGHLIGHT REELKenny Golladay has a long way to go before approaching Calvin Johnson's accomplishments, but the 6-foot-4 receiver has already made his share of acrobatic catches in his young career, including the winning touchdown against Carolina."His ball skills are really good. He makes play after play," Nagy said. "He's somebody that I was aware of, but the more you watch him, you really appreciate his game."Golladay became even more important for Detroit after the Lions traded Golden Tate 鈥?and now that Marvin Jones has missed time with a knee injury. Jones has been ruled out of Thursday's game.IMPROVINGDetroit is ranked 24th in the league against the run, but the Lions held Carolina to 56 yards on the ground, and the Bears had only 54 the previous week.FRANCHISE QBDetroit's Matthew Stafford has a passer rating of 100.8 in his past six Thanksgiving games, but he'll have his work cut out for him against a talented Chicago defense 鈥?and with Johnson and Jones unavailable."You just have to do what you do and do it well," Stafford said. "Obviously, they have really good players, they have a really good scheme. There are strengths at all three levels of the defense. Their front is playing as good as any front in the league right now. I think they have two really good linebackers and their secondary is playing great, too."

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz