Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Forumhandhabung, Forumregeln, News, Anmeldeprobleme usw.
jokergreen0220 Offline

18.01.2019 09:31
New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith is coming off a rookie season where he threw 21 interceptions to just 12 touchdowns. [url=h Antworten

New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith is coming off a rookie season where he threw 21 interceptions to just 12 touchdowns. Air Max 1 Online Shop . In the offseason, the Jets signed Michael Vick to compete with Smith, although the veteran signal-caller appears to have already surrendered the starting job. "I think everybody wants to start, but right now thats not my position," Vick told ESPN on Tuesday. "Geno was drafted in the second round and this is his second year and I think he deserves an opportunity to go out and play and show why hes been a high draft pick. It would be unfortunate for him to not get that opportunity." Head coach Rex Ryan reiterated on Tuesday that Vicks role is to push Smith for starting snaps, but admitted his role goes further than just holding the clipboard behind the West Virginia product. "Mikes role is to come in here and compete and be the best that he can possibly be and I think hes doing that," Ryan told TSN. "Also, it is to be a mentor to a young player like Geno Smith. We try to pride ourselves on creating a culture of competition and to make yourself the best you can be but also push the guy in front of you, behind you and across from you. I think when you do that, thats the best thing for this team and it develops the chemistry and thats what Mikes doing." Whether Vick is his backup or not, Smith is looking to take as much advice and experience from the former Philadelphia Eagle as possible as he attempts to improve on his disastrous 2013 stat line. "I look at him as a big brother" Smith said to TSN. "I look at him as the veteran that he is, a guy that can definitely lend a helping hand to us all, all of us younger guys in this locker room. Especially myself, you know, being that hes played in this system and been a quarterback in the NFL for 11 years now. Just learning from him as well as competing with him and us helping one another get better is definitely something thats helping me out." Ryan has yet to name the starter for the Jets, but he has hinted - albeit less strongly than Vick has - the nod will go to Smith. On Tuesday, the sixth-year coach praised Smiths improvement from the end of his 2013 season to his sophomore camp. "You have to start with how he finished last season," Ryan stated. "The first 12 weeks, I think he had a 28 quarterback rating and the last month he had the second highest rating in the NFL. It started with how he took care of the football and obviously became more accurate as he got used to seeing NFL coverages. "In the offseason, he prided himself on not just learning the offence but he wanted to build his body up, understanding the grind it takes in the NFL. Hes put on weight, hes put on muscle so hes improved physically, and mentally, hes really been in the playbook. The way he carries himself now on the practice field, its like hes been in the system for five years." Smiths offseason preparations ahead of 2014 had a one main focus; lowering his interception count from 21 - the fourth-most in the NFL last season. "The number one thing we studied is turnovers," said Smith, who also lost four of his eight fumbles in 2013. "Obviously we had a few too many turnovers last year and we feel that if we cut those down, wed have a pretty good year. The main thing was being able to improve on everything. My footwork, my reads and cutting down on my turnovers, taking less chances and being very careful with the ball." Smith also projects to improve in 2014 from the play of free-agent signees Eric Decker and Chris Johnson. Decker posted a career-high 1,288 receiving yards last season as he finished as the Denver Broncos second leading receiver. He has also posted back-to-back 1,000 yard seasons. Johnson was released by the Tennessee Titans after posting a career-worst 3.9 yards per carry average in 2013. However, Johnson has never rushed for less than 1,000 yards in a season. Now five years removed from his 2,000 yard season, Johnson scored 10 combined rushing and receiving touchdowns last year. Smith should also benefit from the additions the Jets made through the NFL Draft in May. The Jets selected tight end Jace Amaro in the second round and later selected receivers Jalen Saunders and Shaq Evans in the fourth round. "Having those guys in addition to the guys we got coming back is definitely going to help us out," Smith said. "We all collectively have to come together and just keep getting better and keep pushing one another." As for Vick, hes learning to accept the change from being the star starter to the veteran backup. "Its a different transition," the veteran said. "You go from taking all the snaps with (the first-string offence) and the feeling of being in control and knowing that everything falls on you as far as responsibilities to the quarterback position. Its different, Im used to that. Not having to be in that situation right now, I wont say its a breath of fresh air. But, as of right now, I get to tighten my game up, catch my breath for a second and watch Geno grow as a quarterback." When the Jets will officially announce their starting quarterback remains a mystery, though the decision may remain simply a formality. "Well do it when we think its right," Ryan said. "You have to be true to your team values in creating competition. We havent named (defensive lineman) Muhammad Wilkerson a starter even though he should be a starter in the Pro Bowl but we still havent named him yet. Everything will play out the way its going to play out and give people opportunities." The Jets open their preseason against Indianapolis Colts on August 7, when both Smith and Vick are expected to take snaps at quarterback. Nike Air Max 1 Outlet Sale . Ricciardos exclusion from the results tarnished what had been a day of celebration for local fans, who were jubilant that the Red Bull driver had apparently become the first Australian to finish on the podium at his home race. However just before midnight, stewards ruled that Ricciardos car had "exceeded consistently the maximum allowed fuel flow" and that the team refused an instruction from the races technical delegate Charlie Whiting to change the fuel-flow sensor before the race and a further request during the race to reduce the fuel flow. Air Max 1 Cheap Online . The Thornhill, Ont., native, who is ranked 11th in the world, said hed hoped he would be ready when Canada begins its World Group first-round tie against Japan in Tokyo on Friday. http://www.cheapairmax1outlet.com/ . -- J.R. Sweezy was the one part of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line that had avoided injuries or having to change positions this season.Tomas Kaberle could play for the Hartford Wolf Pack Friday night as the New York Rangers hope to get a closer look at the free agent defenceman. According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the Rangers want to see Kaberle play in live action this weekend. Dreger adds, however, New York must sign Kaberle to a Professional Tryout Contract before he can dress in the AHL. Kaberle has been skating with the Rangers for over a week. The 36-year-old defenceman has been working out at the University of Toronto since playing two exhibition games with the New Jerseyy Devils in preseason action. Cheap Air Max 1 Outlet. . Kaberle spent last season with Kladno of the Czech League, where he scored four goals and 20 assists. He also played for the Czech Republic in both the 2014 Olympics and World Championship, tallying four assists in nine international games. Kaberle had a tryout with the Devils this past August, but was eventually released. He last played in the NHL with the Montreal Canadiens in 2013. He won a Stanley Cup in 2011 with the Boston Bruins and scored 87 goals and added 476 assists in 984 career games. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz