Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Fotos Gran Canaria - Urlaubsbilder aus Gran Canaria
panxing18 Offline

20.06.2019 04:26
Mike Minor will now do for the Rangers what Cole Hamels and Yu Da Antworten

ARLINGTON Kendall Graveman Jersey , Texas (AP) — rvish did the past three seasons in Texas.With those former Rangers aces in the visitors’ dugout, Minor starts the season opener for Texas against the Chicago Cubs on Thursday. The left-hander’s first career opening day start comes only a year after his return to a rotation following shoulder surgery that led to him missing two entire seasons and then being a full-time reliever.“From being hurt for two years and not thinking I was ever going to throw again, pitch again in the big leagues, or pitch at all, to being the opening day starter, yeah it feels pretty good,” Minor said. “I even doubted myself because of the way I felt, and then once I was healthy, I didn’t doubt myself.”The opener also marks the managerial debut for new Rangers skipper Chris Woodward, the 42-year-old former utility infielder who spent the past three seasons — and the last two World Series — as third base coach for the Los Angeles Dodgers.It will be the final opener at the Rangers’ current ballpark, which is going into its 26th season. A new retractable roof stadium is being built across the street.Joe Maddon starts his fifth season with the Cubs. The 65-year-old manager enters the final year of his contract after four consecutive playoff appearances and the 2016 World Series title.Jon Lester makes his third consecutive opening day start for the Cubs Jose Canseco Jersey , followed by Darvish and Hamels in the other two games of the opening series.Darvish, who began his big league career with the Rangers after coming from Japan, started their 2017 opener before getting traded later that season to the Dodgers and then going to the Cubs in free agency last year. Hamels was the opening day starter for Texas in 2016 and 2018 before getting traded to the Cubs last summer.“Now it’s go time, get in front of the big crowds and big stadiums and everything starts to matter,” said Hamels, 38-21 with a 3.90 ERA in 88 starts for the Rangers, who acquired the lefty from Philadelphia during the 2015 season.Minor is the only rotation holdover from last season for the Rangers.Edinson Volquez, who made his big league debut for Texas in 2005 and returned as a free agent last year while rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, will start the second game Saturday. Right-hander Lance Lynn, who signed a three-year deal as a free agent during the offseason, goes Sunday.The 31-year-old Minor was the seventh overall pick by Atlanta in the 2009 amateur draft Jed Lowrie Jersey , and started for the Braves from 2010-14 before surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder. He missed all of 2015 and 2016 and then made 65 relief appearances for Kansas City in 2017 before turning down a $10 million player option because he wanted the chance to start again.The Rangers offered that opportunity with a $28 million, three-year contract and he led them last season with 12 wins and 157 innings, even while the team was cautious with him in his return to starting. He made 22 of his team-high 28 starts on extended rest, and at times didn’t get the opportunity to go deeper into games.“There were some games last year I thought they were overly cautious. Maybe it worked out, maybe it paid off,” Minor said.After adjusting last spring to starting again, and then making it through the entire season, Minor said this spring felt normal.“I knew what to expect again. Last year was a new team … I had to learn all new coaches, all new teammates, had to be comfortable with myself, being around the team and everything http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-khris-davis-jersey ,” he said. “This year feels a lot different. I feel way more prepared and know exactly what to expect out of my arm and what I used to feel really being a starter in Atlanta.” A look at what’s happening around the majors today:CLEAN-CUT CUTCHAndrew McCutchen is expected to join the Yankees when they host Detroit, a day after being acquired from San Francisco. The 2013 NL MVP will take over right field duties with slugger Aaron Judge still recovering from a broken right wrist. McCutchen was one of the game’s most recognizable faces in his younger days with Pittsburgh because of his shoulder-length dreadlocks and well-crafted beard, but old friend and current Yankee infielder Neil Walker informed him Friday the beard had to go — New York has a longstanding policy banning facial hair.“Just gonna take me a sec to get used to my freshly shaved face,” McCutchen joked on Twitter.WELCOMEJosh Donaldson, Ryan Madson and David Freese were part of the 10 trades that contenders made on the final day they could acquire players and still have them eligible for postseason rosters.The Brewers were busy Friday, getting starter Gio Gonzalez, outfielder Curtis Granderson and reliever Xavier Cedeno. Milwaukee last reached the playoffs seven years ago has been active since the All-Star break, adding infielders Mike Moustakas and Jonathan Schoop in July.HE’S BACKCardinals outfielder Marcell Ozuna is ready to come off the disabled list. He’s been out with right shoulder inflammation, and manager Mike Shildt said Ozuna will see limited action for the near future. … Yankees catcher Gary Sanchez is set to be activated off the DL — he hasn’t played since July 23 because of a groin injury. The 2017 All-Star is hitting just .188 with 14 homers in 66 games this season.WEST WRANGLINGPatrick Corbin (10-5, 3.15 ERA) pitches for the NL West-leading Diamondbacks at Dodger Stadium. He is 1-0 with a 0.98 ERA in three starts against Los Angeles this season. The Dodgers trail Arizona by one game and will start Clayton Kershaw (6-3, 2.39) Walt Weiss Jersey , who is 3-1 with a 1.85 ERA, 46 strikeouts and three walks since the All-Star break.TEMPER, TEMPERManagers A.J. Hinch, Ron Gardenhire and Aaron Boone will try to stick around a little longer after they all got ejected.Boone made the most animated argument Friday, squatting behind home plate like a catcher and pretending to frame a pitch to illustrate his point in the Yankees’ 7-5 win over Detroit. Tigers skipper Ron Gardenhire was tossed soon after that, disputing a check-swing.Hinch got the heave-ho when he became upset over a couple calls on Houston star Jose Altuve.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz