Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 Auswandern nach Gran Canaria - Umzug nach Gran Canaria
liny195 Offline

06.12.2019 02:44
/www.giantsjerseyproshop.com/ Antworten

EAST RUTHERFORD Odell Beckham Jerseys 2019 , N.J. (AP) — Despite mounting losses and a first season quickly turning into a mess, Pat Shurmur is sticking with Eli Manning as the New York Giants quarterback.Shurmur never hesitated Friday when asked if he was considering a change in the wake of a 34-13 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles that dropped New York to 1-5.“We believe in Eli,” Shurmur said.It was as simple as that. There will be no change to either veteran Alex Tanney or rookie Kyle Lauletta.Shurmur acknowledged Manning made some mistakes in the loss Thursday night at MetLife Stadium, but so did a lot of other players.When he was pressed about whether he would give Lauletta a chance to play if the season slipped away, Shurmur stopped the question.“Listen, we’re not talking about a quarterback change,” Shurmur said.Statistically, Manning has played well. He has hit 158 of 230 passes for 1,662 yards, six touchdowns and four interceptions. His nearly 69 percent completion percentage would be a career best.The problem is the 37-year-old Manning is not mobile and that is hurting the offense. He rarely turns a potential sack into a scramble that results in a first down or a big pass play. He has been sacked 20 times. The Eagles took him down four times and had 13 other hits.“My confidence is always the same,” Manning said. “I know I can play better than last night. I have to make better decisions and get back to doing my job, not trying to do anything more, forcing things. Just find completions, move the ball and try to score points.”Manning is surprised the Giants have the same record at this point as a year ago, when they finished 3-13.New general manager Dave Gettleman and Shurmur turned over more than half the roster, bringing in both talented players and standup guys who put the team first.“We expected to go win games,” Manning said. “We’re not playing as well as we need to and we will work on fixing that.”Manning said the past two seasons have been tough, winning just four of 22 games. However, he said this year feels nothing like 2017, where it was hard to be optimistic with injuries and internal turmoil.“This year, you see it can get better,” Manning said. “We have good players. We have good character guys. Guys are working. I think there is a great opportunity for us to improve and win a bunch of football games. That’s what we believe.”Many football analysts and writers said over the past 24 hours that Manning’s time as the Giants’ leader is coming to an end in his 15th season. Many were calling for a quarterback change.“It bugs me that we are 1-5,” the two-time Super Bowl MVP said. “What people say has never gotten to me, never bothered me. You work extremely hard to go have a big year and you are excited about things. To be in this situation, yeah, it bothers you, but the only thing you can do is keep working, grinding and try to bring this team together.”Manning and Shurmur both said the Giants need to execute better.“We are certainly not where we want to be record-wise,” Shurmur said. “We will acknowledge that. But I do know this: This group of players will stay in there and keep working and fighting to win a game.”The Giants don’t play again until traveling to Atlanta to face the Falcons on Oct 22. The players will be off the weekend and won’t practice until Tuesday.“What is important is you try to reflect where you are at and where you want to go,” Shurmur said. “Right now, we’re not where we want to be record-wise White Saquon Barkley Jerseys , so I encouraged them to reflect on that and then try to think of ways they can get individually better.”NOTES: WR Cody Latimer (hamstring) was the only injury of note Thursday night, Shurmur said. … Shurmur seemed to accept Odell Beckham Jr.’s explanation that he head-butted a cooling fan to psych himself up during the game. Still, he wants his players to be more composed. “Is that what I would have done? Absolutely not,” Shurmur said. “Is that what I want my players doing? No. That’s it.” There are a handful of changes since the last time we did this" New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2019New York Giants pre-training camp 53-man roster projectionNew,59commentsThere are a handful of changes since the last time we did thisEDTWith New York Giants veterans reporting for training camp on Wednesday let’s update our 53-man roster projection.I will be honest here. I am absolutely not sure what to do with offensive line depth, mostly because no matter how I have tried to configure it I don’t believe it’s good enough. Next, you will see that I have only three safeties on the roster. I think the Giants need four, but until we get to camp and preseason games — or the Giants sign Tre Boston — I don’t know who the fourth could be.Offense (25)Quarterbacks (3)Starter: Eli ManningBackups: Daniel Jones, Alex TanneyNo change from the spring.Tanney threw the ball well all spring, and the Giants obviously like what the 31-year-old brings to their quarterback room. As a non-threatening No. 3 quarterback he can be useful to both Eli Manning and Daniel Jones.Kyle Lauletta? His spring start was slowed as he recovered from knee surgery, and it didn’t pick up a whole lot. He was fourth in the quarterback pecking order during the spring, and I’m really not sure he can move up from there.The big story at quarterback, of course, is when — or if — Jones will take over for Manning at some point this season. This Manning-Jones story is going to dominate training camp coverage of the Giants, but in my view it probably should not.Coach Pat Shurmur can phrase it any way he wants — competition, not a competition, yada yada — as long as he is healthy Manning is starting Week 1 against the Dallas Cowboys.Where things get interesting is during the season, especially if the Giants play poorly. It is hard to imagine the Giants going through the entire season without getting Jones at least some meaningful playing time.Paul Perkins in 2017Jonathan Dyer-USA TODAY SportsRunning backs (4)Change: Gallman outStarter: Saquon BarkleyBackups: Rod Smith, Paul PerkinsFullback: Elijhaa PennyThe surprise here, at least to me, is that I think Perkins takes a job away from Gallman. In the spring, I had five running backs making the roster. The more I have thought about it, though, considering how few touches there are likely to be for the players behind Barkley, I think it’s hard to justify using that many roster spots on running backs.Why Gallman, Barkley’s backup last season, as the odd man out? One reason — I have a hard time getting past Gallman’s five fumbles in 210 career touches. At minimum, the job of a backup is to not hurt his team when he gets opportunities. A fumble every 42 touches simply isn’t good enough.Perkins can run the ball, catch it and is a capable pass blocker. After a year on IR, I just have a suspicion he earns a spot on the team.I’m also keeping even though the 235-pound Smith has fullback size and played the position at the beginning of his career. The Giants have emphasized that they want to be a running team, and if that’s going to be the case I have a hard time seeing them try to do that without keeping a true fullback on the roster.Tight ends (4)Starters: Evan Engram Saquon Barkley Jerseys 2019 , Rhett EllisonBackup: C.J. Conrad, Scott SimonsonChange: Simonson inI have Conrad, an impressive undrafted free agent out of Kentucky, making the roster. In my last projection I had the Giants keeping only three tight ends. That, though, feels thin. The Giants employed 12 personnel (two tight ends) 24 percent of the time in 2018. So, Simonson is in.Also, I speculated recently that Ellison could be on the roster bubble. I believe that to be true, but I also believe odds are pretty good that he is part of the 53-man roster.Wide receivers (6)Starters: Sterling Shepard, Golden TateBackups: Cody Latimer, Corey Coleman, Darius Slayton, Russell ShepardThe more I watched the wide receivers in spring practices the less I worried about the receiving group without Odell Beckham Jr.Sterling Shepard and Tate are good players, and in OTAs and mandatory mini-camp Eli Manning was getting them the ball regularly. Cody Latimer was good all spring. Corey Coleman should be better with a full offseason and training camp to learn the playbook, and his speed is undeniable. Rookie Darius Slayton rebounded nicely from a rough first practice of rookie mini-camp. The speed and potential are obvious.In the spring I had Fowler making the roster ahead of Russell Shepard. I wasn’t completely sold on my own prediction, though, and have changed it. Shepard isn’t going to give the Giants a lot as a receiver, but his importance on special teams is hard to overlook. I think it gets him a roster spot.Offensive linemen (8)Starters: Nate Solder (LT), Will Hernandez (LG), Jon Halapio (C), Kevin Zeitler (RG), Mike Remmers (RT)Backups: Spencer Pulley, Chad Wheeler, James O’HaganChanges: Evan Brown, George Asafo-Adjei out; O’Hagan inObviously, I’m not really sold on the depth here. For now, I have O’Hagan, a UDFA from Buffalo, beating out Brown. I have Asafo-Adjei landing on the practice squad.I have a hard time believing the Giants are really sold on Brown, since they never bothered activating him for a single game last season. Asafo-Adjei is right tackle only, and I think the Giants might end up trying to get him to the practice squad. Honestly White Phil Simms Jerseys , I’d like to keep more linemen than this, but I’m recalling that the Giants generally only dressed seven on game days a season ago.If I’m GM Dave Gettleman I’m scouring the waiver wire for veteran castoffs during the preseason to bring in as depth players.Defense (25)Defensive linemen (6)Starters: Dalvin Tomlinson, B.J. Hill, Dexter LawrenceBackups: R.J., McIntosh, Chris Slayton, Olsen PierreChange: Added Olsen PierreAfter spring workouts I left Pierre off the final 53 because he was held out of practice during OTAs and mini-camp. The more I have thought about it, the Giants can’t go into the season with only two backups who have six games and 65 snaps worth of experience. So, I’m adding the former Cardinal to the mix.Loreenzo Carter tackling Cam Newton.Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY SportsEdge defenders (4)Starters: Lorenzo Carter, Markus GoldenBackups: Oshane Ximines, Kareem MartinNo changeI have thought at times that the Giants might choose to move on from Martin and take the $3.275 million in cap savings, but right now I don’t see anyone else stepping up and taking that fourth edge spot. Martin is an adequate player, and his experience in James Bettcher’s defense is a plus.Inside linebackers (5)Starters: Alec Ogletree, B.J. GoodsonBackups: Tae Davis, Ryan Connelly, Josiah TauaefaChange: Tauaefa in, Nathan Stupar outAfter spring practices I wasn’t willing to make this move. I think, though, Tauaefa could end up being a guy the Giants want to keep around. They used a big chunk of their UDFA budget to get him. I will go out on a limb here and say he justifies that move.Cornerbacks (7)Starters: Janoris Jenkins, DeAndre Baker, Julian Love (slot)Backups: Sam Beal, Grant Haley, Corey Ballentine, Antonio HamiltonI have Love eventually overtaking Haley to be the slot corner. I have added special teams gunner Antonio Hamilton.Safeties (3)Starters: Jabrill Peppers, Antoine BetheaBackups: Michael ThomasI really want to keep a fourth safety, but right now I don’t know who that would be. The obvious choice is Sean Chandler, but he was held out of spring practices. I need to see him healthy. If he is, Chandler probably makes the roster and Ballentine could be ticketed for practice squad duty to start the season.Special teams (3)Punter: Riley DixonPlacekicker: Aldrick RosasSnapper: Zak DeOssieUnless injury dictates a switch somewhere in here, there is no reason to make any changes to this group.

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz